• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Cong questions PM’s silence on Trump’s ceasefire claims

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 26, 2025
in NATION
A A
0
Sad letter day in India’s history, fair probe needed into judge Loya’s death: Cong on SC verdict

File Photo

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jaipur:  Congress on Monday questioned Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s silence on US President Donald Trump’s repeated claims about settling the India-Pakistan conflict through trade.

Hitting out at Modi who said “Sindoor runs through my veins” at a recent rally in Bikaner, All India Congress Committee general secretary Randeep Surjewala asked, “If Sindoor runs through his veins, then how could the decision be made on the grounds of trade?”

More News

PM Modi calls for early end to conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

India ‘by and large’ free from 3 internal security problems, ‘dream’ of ending Naxalism achieved: Amit Shah

13 dead, 20 injured in Palghar tempo-trailer accident

Load More

Surjewala was speaking at Jai Hindi Sabha, a rally organised in Barmer in honour of the Indian defence forces that carried out Operation Sindoor earlier this month.

In the rally, Congress leaders raised concerns on the Modi government’s handling of national security, army recruitment and foreign policy.

Surjewala claimed that while India’s defence forces were making significant progress during Operation Sindoor and Pakistan’s morale was broken, the US intervened and brokered a ceasefire. This was detrimental to India’s interests, he said.

“Why hasn’t the Prime Minister spoken against the US or clarified its role in the situation?” he asked.

Stating that Indira Gandhi had shown the strength to confront US President Richard Nixon during the 1971 war, Surjewala asked why Modi has not done the same against Trump.

He also questioned the government’s handling of intelligence.

Before the April 22 terror attack, satellite pictures of the ground in Pahalgam were taken and sold to a company holding Pakistan’s shares, Surjewala said, asking why the Indian intelligence agencies and government were unaware of this and did not take steps to prevent the potential threat.

“Could the Pahalgam attack have been prevented? If Home Minister Amit Shah had ensured security, perhaps this entire matter could have been avoided. Modi and BJP want Congress and Rahul Gandhi not to ask these questions. This question will have to be asked: what was the mistake that led to the Pahalgam attack? Who is responsible for this? If the government has made a mistake and if the question is not to be asked to the Prime Minister, then who should it be asked?” Surjewala questioned.

He said asking questions is a national duty and is in the nation’s interest.

“When Pakistan was sending terrorists and our army was fighting, how did Pakistan get money from the International Monetary Fund? They will take the money and use it against us. What is our government doing? Should our Prime Minister not take action?” he asked.

The AICC general secretary said the questions are being asked in the interest of the defence forces and to strengthen them.

He said over 2 lakh vacancies are unfilled in the armed forces and there is a shortage of 50,000 officers, with no clear explanation as to why these critical positions remain vacant.

The former Congress government had established the Mountain Strike Force but there has been no recruitment for over a decade, he said, adding that the Indian Air Force was also facing a shortage of planes and squadrons.

Surjewala said during the all-party meeting, Home Minister Amit Shah had stated that the government was unaware of the ground in Pahalgam being opened for tourists, whereas the military officers and local administration have said that it remains open.

He said the home minister should clarify if he had lied in the all-party meeting.

Former chief minister Ashok Gehlot also said that Modi has not spoken on the role of the US in the ceasefire.

PCC chief Govind Singh Dotasra, former deputy chief minister Sachin Pilot and other leaders also addressed the rally.

Previous Post

Op Sindoor halted only after DGMO talks at Pak’s request, Jaishankar clears air about US role

Next Post

People of Pakistan must come forward to end terrorism, says PM at Gujarat rally

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

PM Modi calls for early end to conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

‘Challenging’ situation due to West Asia war, says PM Modi
May 19, 2026

Oslo:  India and Norway have firmed up a Green Strategic Partnership, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Norwegian counterpart...

Read moreDetails

India ‘by and large’ free from 3 internal security problems, ‘dream’ of ending Naxalism achieved: Amit Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 18, 2026

Jagdalpur (Chhattisgarh):  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday asserted that India is now "by and large" free from three...

Read moreDetails

13 dead, 20 injured in Palghar tempo-trailer accident

   Two killings/deaths in J&K, people want answers
May 18, 2026

Palghar: A tempo packed with guests heading for an engagement ceremony collided with a speeding container trailer on Monday on...

Read moreDetails

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors

Strategic partnership: India, Netherlands ink 17 pacts on defence, critical minerals, other sectors
May 18, 2026

The Hague: Driven by shifting global geopolitics, India and the Netherlands elevated their ties to a strategic partnership and inked...

Read moreDetails

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom

‘Vibrant Democracy’: India trashes allegations on declining minority rights, media freedom
May 18, 2026

The Hague: India has flatly rejected allegations of declining media freedom and erosion of religious and minority rights, asserting that...

Read moreDetails

Great Nicobar project a recipe for ecological disaster: Ramesh to Defence minister

No shortage of fuel, essential supplies in India despite West Asia crisis: Rajnath Singh
May 18, 2026

New Delhi: Congress leader Jairam Ramesh on Sunday wrote to Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on the Great Nicobar Island Project,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Playing with blood of Indians will cost Pakistan dearly: PM Modi

People of Pakistan must come forward to end terrorism, says PM at Gujarat rally

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.