• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Cong questions PM’s silence on Trump’s ceasefire claims

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 26, 2025
in NATION
A A
0
Sad letter day in India’s history, fair probe needed into judge Loya’s death: Cong on SC verdict

File Photo

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jaipur:  Congress on Monday questioned Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s silence on US President Donald Trump’s repeated claims about settling the India-Pakistan conflict through trade.

Hitting out at Modi who said “Sindoor runs through my veins” at a recent rally in Bikaner, All India Congress Committee general secretary Randeep Surjewala asked, “If Sindoor runs through his veins, then how could the decision be made on the grounds of trade?”

More News

India joins over 100 countries in condemning Israel’s ‘unilateral’ decisions in West Bank

India likely to join US-led strategic alliance ‘Pax Silica’ on Friday

‘Sheer hypocrisy’: Cong slams govt for joining ‘late’ countries condemning Israel’s West Bank action

Load More

Surjewala was speaking at Jai Hindi Sabha, a rally organised in Barmer in honour of the Indian defence forces that carried out Operation Sindoor earlier this month.

In the rally, Congress leaders raised concerns on the Modi government’s handling of national security, army recruitment and foreign policy.

Surjewala claimed that while India’s defence forces were making significant progress during Operation Sindoor and Pakistan’s morale was broken, the US intervened and brokered a ceasefire. This was detrimental to India’s interests, he said.

“Why hasn’t the Prime Minister spoken against the US or clarified its role in the situation?” he asked.

Stating that Indira Gandhi had shown the strength to confront US President Richard Nixon during the 1971 war, Surjewala asked why Modi has not done the same against Trump.

He also questioned the government’s handling of intelligence.

Before the April 22 terror attack, satellite pictures of the ground in Pahalgam were taken and sold to a company holding Pakistan’s shares, Surjewala said, asking why the Indian intelligence agencies and government were unaware of this and did not take steps to prevent the potential threat.

“Could the Pahalgam attack have been prevented? If Home Minister Amit Shah had ensured security, perhaps this entire matter could have been avoided. Modi and BJP want Congress and Rahul Gandhi not to ask these questions. This question will have to be asked: what was the mistake that led to the Pahalgam attack? Who is responsible for this? If the government has made a mistake and if the question is not to be asked to the Prime Minister, then who should it be asked?” Surjewala questioned.

He said asking questions is a national duty and is in the nation’s interest.

“When Pakistan was sending terrorists and our army was fighting, how did Pakistan get money from the International Monetary Fund? They will take the money and use it against us. What is our government doing? Should our Prime Minister not take action?” he asked.

The AICC general secretary said the questions are being asked in the interest of the defence forces and to strengthen them.

He said over 2 lakh vacancies are unfilled in the armed forces and there is a shortage of 50,000 officers, with no clear explanation as to why these critical positions remain vacant.

The former Congress government had established the Mountain Strike Force but there has been no recruitment for over a decade, he said, adding that the Indian Air Force was also facing a shortage of planes and squadrons.

Surjewala said during the all-party meeting, Home Minister Amit Shah had stated that the government was unaware of the ground in Pahalgam being opened for tourists, whereas the military officers and local administration have said that it remains open.

He said the home minister should clarify if he had lied in the all-party meeting.

Former chief minister Ashok Gehlot also said that Modi has not spoken on the role of the US in the ceasefire.

PCC chief Govind Singh Dotasra, former deputy chief minister Sachin Pilot and other leaders also addressed the rally.

Previous Post

Op Sindoor halted only after DGMO talks at Pak’s request, Jaishankar clears air about US role

Next Post

People of Pakistan must come forward to end terrorism, says PM at Gujarat rally

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

India joins over 100 countries in condemning Israel’s ‘unilateral’ decisions in West Bank

India joins over 100 countries in condemning Israel’s ‘unilateral’ decisions in West Bank
February 19, 2026

United Nations: India has joined over 100 countries and global organisations in condemning Israel's "unilateral" decisions and measures aimed at...

Read moreDetails

India likely to join US-led strategic alliance ‘Pax Silica’ on Friday

Defence deals boost India-US ties, new era in relations, say experts
February 19, 2026

New Delhi: India is likely to formally join a US-led strategic alliance, known as 'Pax Silica', which is aimed at...

Read moreDetails

‘Sheer hypocrisy’: Cong slams govt for joining ‘late’ countries condemning Israel’s West Bank action

8 oppn-ruled states demand mechanism to ensure GST rate cut benefits get passed on to consumers
February 19, 2026

New Delhi: The Congress on Thursday took a swipe at the government over India reportedly joining "late" the list of...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi meets president of Spain, PM of Finland; says India-EU FTA ushers in golden era

PM Modi meets president of Spain, PM of Finland; says India-EU FTA ushers in golden era
February 19, 2026

New Delhi:  Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday held separate meetings with President of Spain Pedro Sanchez and Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

Stones pelted, tear gas shells fired as farmers’ protest in Bathinda turns violent

Stones pelted, tear gas shells fired as farmers’ protest in Bathinda turns violent
February 19, 2026

Bathinda/Patiala:  Police on Wednesday lobbed tear gas shells to control a group of farmers after they allegedly pelted stones at...

Read moreDetails

TMC set to win 4 Rajya Sabha seats in Bengal, BJP 1; Left to lose representation

Saloora, Wani join PDP along with hundreds of supporters
February 19, 2026

Kolkata:  With numbers firmly stacked in its favour, the ruling TMC is set to win four of the five Rajya...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Playing with blood of Indians will cost Pakistan dearly: PM Modi

People of Pakistan must come forward to end terrorism, says PM at Gujarat rally

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.