• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Indian military carried out “measured, non-escalatory” strike to deter any further attacks: FS Misri

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 7, 2025
in NATION
A A
0
India reaffirms long-held policy to rule out third party role in its border row with China
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi:  Indian military carried out a “measured, non-escalatory, proportionate, and responsible” strike to dismantle terrorist infrastructure in Pakistan to “deter and to pre-empt” any further terrorist strikes, Foreign Secretary Vikram Misri said, hours after India retaliated the Pahalgam attack.

Addressing a packed press conference here, Misri said it was deemed essential that the perpetrators and planners of the April 22 attack be brought to justice as there was “no demonstrable” step from Islamabad to take action against the terror infrastructure on its territory or on territory under its control.

More News

Naxalism eradicated from country before March 31 deadline: Shah

Operation Sindoor reflected ‘smart power’ in its most complete expression, says Indian Army chief

Rahul renews attack on PM over US deal, claims BJP sold India to save Adani

Load More

“Our intelligence monitoring of Pakistan-based terrorist modules indicated that further attacks against India were impending,” he said at the briefing, which was also addressed by Col. Sofia Qureshi and Wing Commander Vyomika Singh.

The foreign secretary’s comments came hours after India struck nine terror camps in Pakistan and Pakistan-Occupied-Kashmir with missiles and drones under an operation christened ‘Operation Sindoor’.

Misri said there was a compulsion both to “deter and to pre-empt”.

“Earlier this morning as you would be aware India exercised its right to respond and pre-empt as well as deter more such cross-border attacks,” he said.

“These actions were measured, non-escalatory, proportionate, and responsible. They focused on dismantling the terrorist infrastructure and disabling terrorists likely to be sent across to India,” Misri said.

The foreign secretary said despite a fortnight having passed since the Pahalgam attacks, there has been “no demonstrable step” from Pakistan to take action against the terrorist infrastructure on its territory or on territory under its control.

On the Pahalgam attack, Misri said Pakistani and Pakistan-trained terrorists belonging to the Lashkar-e-Taiba carried out the savage strike on Indian tourists and murdered 26 people.

It was the largest number of civilian casualties in a terrorist attack in India since the November 26, 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.

“The attack in Pahalgam was marked by extreme barbarity, with the victims mostly killed with headshots from close range and in front of their families,” he said.

“Family members were deliberately traumatised through the manner of the killing, accompanied by the exhortation that they should take back the message,” Misri said.

The foreign secretary said the Pahalgam attack was “clearly driven by the objective of undermining the normalcy returning” to Jammu and Kashmir.

“In particular, it was designed to impact the mainstay of the economy, tourism, with a record 23 million tourists visiting the valley last year,” he said.

“The calculation, presumably, was that harming growth and development in the Union Territory would help keep it backward and create fertile ground for continued cross-border terrorism from Pakistan,” he said.

Misri noted that the manner of the attack was also driven by an “objective of provoking communal discord”, both in Jammu and Kashmir and the rest of the nation.

“It is to the credit of the government and the people of India that these designs were foiled,” he said.

Citing cross-border linkages to the attack, he pointed towards a so called group calling itself “The Resistance Front” (TRF) claimed responsibility for the attack.

“This group is a front for the UN-proscribed Pakistani terrorist group, Lashkar-e-Taiba,” he said.

“It is notable that India had given inputs about the TRF in the half-yearly report to the monitoring team of the UN’s 1267 Sanctions Committee in May and November 2024, bringing out its role as a cover for Pakistan-based terrorist groups,” he added.

Misri said “identification of the attackers based on eyewitness accounts, as well as other information available to law enforcement agencies, has also progressed.”

“Our intelligence has developed an accurate picture of the planners and backers of this team,” he added.

Previous Post

Jaishankar speaks to counterparts from Germany, France, Japan

Next Post

Missile strike a fitting tribute: Families of Pahalgam terror attack victims hail Operation Sindoor

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Naxalism eradicated from country before March 31 deadline: Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 20, 2026

Jagdalpur:  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday said Naxalism has been completely eradicated from the country ahead of the...

Read moreDetails

Operation Sindoor reflected ‘smart power’ in its most complete expression, says Indian Army chief

Army chief reviews counter-terror ops, deliberates on infusion of advanced tech
May 20, 2026

New Delhi: Under Operation Sindoor, Indian forces dismantled terror infrastructure, punctured a long-standing strategic assumption, and then stopped "deliberately and...

Read moreDetails

Rahul renews attack on PM over US deal, claims BJP sold India to save Adani

NDA govt at Centre ‘crippled’; opposition dealt fatal blow to BJP: Rahul Gandhi
May 20, 2026

Raebareli (UP): Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha and Congress MP Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday launched a scathing attack on...

Read moreDetails

All must follow law to maintain harmony: Rijiju on Adityanath’s remarks over namaz on streets

May 20, 2026

New Delhi:  Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Tuesday reacted to remarks linked to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi calls for early end to conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

‘Challenging’ situation due to West Asia war, says PM Modi
May 19, 2026

Oslo:  India and Norway have firmed up a Green Strategic Partnership, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Norwegian counterpart...

Read moreDetails

India ‘by and large’ free from 3 internal security problems, ‘dream’ of ending Naxalism achieved: Amit Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 18, 2026

Jagdalpur (Chhattisgarh):  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday asserted that India is now "by and large" free from three...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Breaking News: Indian Armed forces carry out Operation Sindoor against 9 terror infrastructure in Pakistan, PoK

Missile strike a fitting tribute: Families of Pahalgam terror attack victims hail Operation Sindoor

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.