• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

MP Ruhullah rejects land compensation allegations, calls it “April fool prank, bit delayed”

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
April 14, 2025
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
MP Ruhullah rejects land compensation allegations, calls it “April fool prank, bit delayed”
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Budgam: A day after the Jammu and Kashmir Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) filed a chargesheet against 22 individuals — including Member of Parliament and senior National Conference (NC) leader Aga Ruhullah — in connection with an alleged fraudulent land compensation case, Ruhullah hit back on Sunday, terming the move “a frivolous attempt” to silence him for his political views.

Addressing a press conference here, Ruhullah denied any wrongdoing in the land compensation case related to Durbal Bemina, saying the matter is nearly two decades old and he was only a legal heir to his grandfather’s land.

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

“An April 1st joke is being played on April 13. The narrative being built is that a huge scam has occurred and I am somehow at the center of it. Let me make it clear: I have nothing to do with this so-called scam,” he said.

Ruhullah explained that the land in question was inherited from his grandfather, who owned about 90 kanals in Durbal Bemina, an area where land was acquired by the government as part of a rehabilitation initiative for Dal Lake dwellers. “At that time, compensation was provided not just based on revenue records but also on the actual possession of land. That was a government decision. My family received compensation for around 40-50 kanals despite more than 90-kanlal being under our possession. I, along with my siblings, received a nominal share — about Rs 80,000 each — transferred through my uncle’s account,” he said, adding that his role was merely that of a legal heir.

He said that he had no role in negotiations or dealings related to compensation. “My eldest uncle is the custodian of the land. He handled all discussions with the authorities. I got the money through his account not from the government.”

Ruhullah said he was shocked to learn about the chargesheet as he was never questioned by the authorities nor served any legal notice regarding the matter. “This case has no substance. It is built on baseless grounds. If I had been involved in any wrongdoing, I should have been formally informed and given a chance to respond,” he said.

Calling it a politically motivated move, Ruhullah accused the administration of attempting to suppress dissenting voices. “This is a deliberate effort to intimidate me using agencies like the ACB. I suggest they also involve the NIA, so that real corrupt individuals can be exposed,” he said.

He added defiantly, “I will not be silenced. I will only become silent till the day Article 370 is restored, atrocities against Muslims and minorities are stopped, and constitutional rights of J&K are reinstated.”

Ruhullah also criticized the central government’s control over religious institutions and said the NC would approach the Supreme Court against the Waqf Act.

Ruhullah said that he could not speak on the Waqf Bill in the Parliament as the party’s floor leader Mian Altaf chose to speak instead.

He questioned why no resolution was brought in the J&K Legislative Assembly against the Waqf Bill. “Even if the matter is sub-judice, the Assembly could have expressed its opinion. A resolution is not lawmaking — it’s just an opinion.”

On the restoration of statehood, he said, “Statehood won’t be handed back easily. We should not have waited passively. We should have mobilized politically — 50 MLAs should have camped outside the residences of the Prime Minister and the Home Minister. We are running away from the people’s sentiments.”

Previous Post

Over 1.14 lakh children suffering from malnutrition identified in J&K

Next Post

Adopt more effective measures to contain terrorism: JKPCC chief Karra

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Tariq Karra joins CWC as permanent invitee

Adopt more effective measures to contain terrorism: JKPCC chief Karra

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.