• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Outside court, in damage control mode, govt says will file fresh affidavit “if need be”!

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
April 6, 2025
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Sakeena Itoo reviews functioning of JKSCSTBC Development Corporation, JKWDC

File Photo

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar:  Facing heat over its affidavit in the high court that has described a petition challenging its reservation policy as “mischievous and frivolous”, the Jammu and Kashmir government on Saturday said it will file a fresh response before the court, if need be.

Addressing a press conference in Anantnag, Social Welfare Minister Sakina Itoo, who heads the cabinet sub-committee on the reservation issue, said the government is seriously committed to addressing the matter and the affidavit in question is vague.

More News

Narco-terrorists, drug peddlers will be hunted down: LG Sinha

LG honors Nari Shakti with Lal Ded National Award

Irony: Forest Deptt demolishes, Minister condemns…

Load More

The cabinet sub-committee was formed by the government in December last year to look into the grievances highlighted by several sections of the aspirants against the existing reservation rules in government jobs.

Itoo said the cabinet sub-committee is meeting youth representatives and examining the issue.

“The seriousness of the government can be gauged from the fact that the committee has been given a six-month deadline. Every day, the committee explains to the chief minister how many representatives it met and what developments took place,” she said.

Itoo said the government is sympathetic towards the issue and wants it to be settled.

“We want everyone to get his/her due share and that no injustice is done to anyone. The committee is working seriously. I have kept a meeting for tomorrow at the SKICC where the sub-committee will meet representatives,” she added.

On the affidavit submitted by the Social Welfare Department in the high court that has termed the petition challenging the reservation policy “mischievous and frivolous”, the minister said it was “vaguely” prepared.

“Unfortunately, some politicians find opportunities to criticise the government. Had the government not been committed, why would it have formed a committee and given it a deadline of six months?

“If the government needs to submit a fresh affidavit in the court, in which it needs to be written that the wrongs committed will be set right, it will do it and not hesitate,” she said.

Political parties in Jammu and Kashmir slammed the National Conference (NC) government on Saturday for defending the reservation policy, which provides a 70 percent quota to various groups, in the high court.

Itoo said the committee will submit its report within the six-month deadline and then the report will be implemented.

“I want to tell youngsters that these people want to use them for politics and befool them. I would ask these people to wait patiently for six months. If you do not have patience, visit a doctor, a psychiatrist and take some medicines,” she said, without naming anyone.

Meanwhile, the ruling NC has distanced itself from the affidavit.

“We do not support the affidavit. It has been submitted in a distorted way, without taking into consideration the ground realities,” NC state spokesperson Imran Nabi Dar said.

He said the cabinet sub-committee was constituted to listen to the opinions of each and every side.

“The sub-committee will submit its report. We would request people not to go by such kind of diversions,” he said.

Dar said Chief Minister Omar Abdullah formed the sub-committee to address the insecurities shared by a number of individuals and its report will be implemented once it is placed before the council of ministers.

Previous Post

Social media post sparks protests, partial bandh in Bhaderwah

Next Post

PC, PDP slam NC govt for ‘defending’ reservation policy in high court

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Narco-terrorists, drug peddlers will be hunted down: LG Sinha

Narco-terrorists, drug peddlers will be hunted down: LG Sinha
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Tuesday issued a stern warning to the narco-terror ecosystem, saying narco-terrorists and drug-peddlers can...

Read moreDetails

LG honors Nari Shakti with Lal Ded National Award

LG honors Nari Shakti with Lal Ded National Award
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha today attended the “Lal Ded National Award Ceremony” organised by Sarhad, Pune, at Srinagar. Speaking...

Read moreDetails

Irony: Forest Deptt demolishes, Minister condemns…

Irony: Forest Deptt demolishes, Minister condemns…
May 20, 2026

Jammu: Police and Forest Department teams on Tuesday demolished over 30 structures and retrieved nearly 60 kanals of forest land...

Read moreDetails

Sajad Lone, Altaf Bukhari condemn demolition

Sajad Lone, Altaf Bukhari condemn demolition
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Peoples Conference President and MLA Handwara, Sajad Lone and Apni Party President, Syed Altaf Bukhari have...

Read moreDetails

Petrol, diesel prices raised by 90 paise a litre, second hike under a week

Petrol, diesel prices cut by 9 paise each
May 20, 2026

New Delhi: Petrol and diesel prices were raised by about 90 paise per litre on Tuesday - the second increase...

Read moreDetails

High Court quashes FIR against former Ranji cricketer

PM Modi inaugurating incomplete projects for votes: JKPCC
May 20, 2026

Srinagar: The High Court of J&K and Ladakh High on Tuesday quashed an FIR registered against former Jammu and Kashmir...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
PC, PDP slam NC govt for ‘defending’ reservation policy in high court

PC, PDP slam NC govt for ‘defending’ reservation policy in high court

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.