• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

We managed workload of pitches well ahead of CT: Emirates Board COO Subhan Ahmed

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 2, 2025
in SPORTS
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Dubai:  The slow pitches at the Dubai International Stadium has given the Champions Trophy matches a unidimensional look, but Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) COO Subhan Ahmed on Sunday said that the “workload” of the decks was carefully managed during the preceding ILT20 tournament.

The gradually tiring wickets have made the matches at the DICS here an invariable middle-over battle, where teams struggled to score off freely when spinners were in operation.

More News

Bumrah ruled out of Sri Lanka Test series, Auqib Nabi set to be drafted in

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports

Cabinet approves revamped Khelo India scheme with ₹36,441 crore outlay till 2031

Load More

“The moment we learned that we are going to be the host (of the CT), we started preparing (the pitches) even during the ILT20 tournament for these matches. We complied with all the ICC requirements,” said Ahmed during an interaction with a select group of media.

“We gave the required rest to the pitches (during the ILT20) that we were going to use for the Champions Trophy. We managed the pitch’s workload as soon as we got to know that there was going to be an ICC event. So far the pictures here have played out really well,” he added.

The ICC marquee event was decided to stage partially in Dubai after the authorities moved ahead with the hybrid model.

Ahmed said the venue is ever-ready to host a cricket match of any magnitude. It has been speculated that the Asia Cup too will be played here later this year.

“We don’t have any official confirmation yet (on hosting Asia Cup) But our unique selling point is that we host events on short notice. This is a plug and play venue.

“If you look at the past 5 years, whether it is IPL, BSL, Asia Cup or the World Cup, we have hosted events on very short notice. We are always in a state of readiness,” he noted.

However, the crowd involvement here did not reflect the gravitas that usually surrounds a big cricket tournament in the sub-continent. Even the blue-riband match between India and Pakistan did not see a full house here.

Ahmed explained the scenario.

“It was picked gradually. There was not a 100% crowd in India vs Bangladesh. But there was more than 60%. There are some travel challenges in some countries. That can be a factor.

“But you must have seen all the matches after that. Attendance was very good. The India vs Pakistan match too picked up later, according to ticket sales, it was well over 95%. If some people could not turn up, we cannot say,” he said.

Previous Post

Bodies of three more missing workers recovered from avalanche site, search goes on for another

Next Post

Four semifinalists in one city as CT schedule sees tightrope walking

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Bumrah ruled out of Sri Lanka Test series, Auqib Nabi set to be drafted in

Bumrah picks up fifer but England draw parity with India by making 465 all out
August 3, 2026

New Delhi: Premier pacer Jasprit Bumrah is set to miss India's two-Test tour of Sri Lanka as he is yet...

Read moreDetails

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports
August 3, 2026

Budgam: Speaker of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly on Sunday inaugurated a local cricket tournament at Tujan in Budgam...

Read moreDetails

Cabinet approves revamped Khelo India scheme with ₹36,441 crore outlay till 2031

Khelo India initiative: Block Level competitions to start from Sept 1 at Poonch
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The Union Cabinet on Friday approved a revamped Khelo India Scheme and an enhanced Assistance to National Sports...

Read moreDetails

Rana calls for revival of willow cultivation to support Kashmir’s cricket bat industry

Govt committed to preserving Kashmir’s houseboat heritage: Javed Rana
August 1, 2026

Srinagar: Minister for Jal Shakti, Forest, Ecology and Environment, and Tribal Affairs, Javed Ahmed Rana, on Friday directed the concerned...

Read moreDetails

J&K Sports Council begins junior football trials for national championship

August 1, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Friday began open selection trials for the Union Territory's Junior Boys Football...

Read moreDetails

Against all odds, Kashmir’s Majid Magray set to lead India at Lord’s

J&K’s Majid Magray to lead India in mixed disability T20I series against England
July 31, 2026

For most cricketers, the road to the national team is measured in runs, wickets and performances. For Majid Magray, it...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Four semifinalists in one city as CT schedule sees tightrope walking

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.