• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 2, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Ex-members of banned Jamaat-e-Islami launch new outfit to contest polls

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 24, 2025
in Latest News, TOP NEWS
A A
0
Ex-members of banned Jamaat-e-Islami launch new outfit to contest polls
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Several former members of the banned Jamaat-e-Islami (JeI) on Sunday announced the formation of a new political outfit to contest polls in Jammu and Kashmir under one umbrella.

The former members, some of whom had contested last year’s assembly elections as independent candidates, have named the outfit the Jammu and Kashmir Justice and Development Front.

More News

  Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers

CM announces Rs 10 lakh each for kin of victims

3 special trains ferry 2,200 stranded passengers

Load More

The announcement was made at a workers’ convention in south Kashmir’s Kulgam district — once a support base of the JeI.

Speaking to reporters after the convention, former JeI member Shameem Ahmad and the president of the front, said they have “started a new movement”.

“We were not sad because we lost the polls, we got 26,000 votes… People supported us a lot. It was after 37 years that our people organised themselves and came forward to vote for us,” he said, referring to the former JeI members’ performance in last year’s assembly polls.

Another former JeI member Sayir Reshi, who contested the assembly polls unsuccessfully from the Kulgam segment, said the aim of the new front is to establish a political system that is based on “justice and endeavours for real development”.

“We want to establish a system which is not based on fooling the people,” he said.

Reshi said the front did not have its registration in the last assembly elections, “Otherwise, we would have contested the polls under one symbol”.

“We have made a formal announcement today, but it will be formally launched from Srinagar,” he added.

Reshi, who is the general secretary of the front, said the new outfit would select educated people from every area who would stand for their people and keep the people away from all the social evils.

He also announced that the front will contest all future elections in Jammu and Kashmir.

“God willing, we will contest the local bodies elections, and we will sweep them,” he asserted.

 

Previous Post

Fire guts 3 houses at Nawabazar

Next Post

Wet spell predicted from Feb 25-28

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

  Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers

   Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Security forces on Saturday intensified search operations to track down the assailants who killed two migrant labourers in Kulgam...

Read moreDetails

CM announces Rs 10 lakh each for kin of victims

CM calls for depiction of cultural identity in new infrastructure at JK House properties across India
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday announced an ex-gratia relief of Rs 10 lakh each for the kin of...

Read moreDetails

3 special trains ferry 2,200 stranded passengers

Locomotive of Jammu-bound train detaches from coaches in Punjab
August 2, 2026

Jammu: The Northern Railway operated three special trains in J&K on Saturday and successfully transported around 2,200 passengers stranded due...

Read moreDetails

Condemning Kulgam terror attack, Farooq Abdullah questions timing of attack; seeks probe

Farooq Abdullah questions Centre’s silence on situation in PoJK
August 2, 2026

Jammu/Srinagar: National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Saturday condemned the Kulgam terror attack that left two migrant workers dead but...

Read moreDetails

LG hands over job letters to kin of two slain policemen

LG hands over job letters to kin of two slain policemen
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Saturday handed over appointment letters on compassionate grounds to the son of a head...

Read moreDetails

No society prospers on govt jobs alone: CM

Following KI report on Srinagar Smart City fiasco, CM announces inquiry
August 2, 2026

Bengaluru:  Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said no society had ever become prosperous solely through government employment or public...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Kashmir likely to have respite from scorching heatwave

Wet spell predicted from Feb 25-28

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.