• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Thursday, May 21, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Crime Branch files chargesheet against 13 former officials in multi-crore ration scam in Jammu

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
November 22, 2024
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Police produces chargesheet in Bemina terrorist attack case

Representational Photo

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir Crime Branch has filed a chargesheet against 13 former officers for their alleged involvement in a multi-crore ration scam in Jammu district, officials said.

The alleged Rs 19.20-crore scam, which occurred over 2002, 2003, 2005, and 2006, involved the misappropriation of 4.39 lakh quintals of ration meant for Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) beneficiaries.

More News

LG pitches for dismantling funding, networks, and support systems of terrorism

High court announces virtual hearings amid fuel conservation measures

J&K finalises Panchayat Electoral Rolls 2026; voter count crosses 72.24 lakh

Load More

The case begun after the department of Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution (CA&PD) filed an FIR based on a report from the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG), the officials said.

Those against whom the chargesheet has been filed include nine then assistant directors (ADs), two chief account officers (CAOs), and two Tehsil Supply Officers (TSOs).

The report highlighted discrepancies in the distribution of ration for Below Poverty Line (BPL) and Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) beneficiaries. A detailed departmental reconciliation confirmed the irregularities.

Four Deputy Superintendents of Police led the investigation, uncovering that the accused had shown an excess issuance of BPL and AAY food grains far beyond the authorised quantities, they said.

The proceeds from this excess ration were allegedly misappropriated and swindled.

Of the 13 accused, seven have passed away, one has been granted bail, one surrendered in court, and the remaining four were arrested and produced in the court at the time of filing the chargesheet, they said.

The Crime Branch had previously investigated a similar ration scam in 2004, which was also challaned by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB).

Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Crime Jammu, Benam Tosh, confirmed the completion of the investigation in case and the chargesheet has been filed before the Special Judge Anti-Corruption Jammu for judicial determination.

Previous Post

Most parts of Kashmir Valley reel under sub-zero temperature

Next Post

Demolition of shops of Kashmiri Pandits in Jammu spark protests, condemnations

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

LG pitches for dismantling funding, networks, and support systems of terrorism

LG pitches for dismantling funding, networks, and support systems of terrorism
May 21, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Wednesday said peace is the fundamental prerequisite for development and credited the Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

High court announces virtual hearings amid fuel conservation measures

PM Modi inaugurating incomplete projects for votes: JKPCC
May 21, 2026

Srinagar: The High Court of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh on Wednesday announced the adoption of virtual hearings and hybrid...

Read moreDetails

J&K finalises Panchayat Electoral Rolls 2026; voter count crosses 72.24 lakh

Name not in voters’ list, claim non-migrant Kashmiri Pandits
May 21, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir State Election Commission has finalised the Panchayat Electoral Rolls 2026 following completion of the annual...

Read moreDetails

Sidhra Demolition: Govt sets-up committee to probe violations of Forest Rights Act

Authorities in J&K probe ‘radicalisation’ of youths especially girls in Kashmir schools
May 21, 2026

Srinagar/JAMMU: As the Jammu & Kashmir government on Wednesday constituted a committee to probe possible violations of the Forest Rights...

Read moreDetails

J&K Cong seeks probe by retired HC judge into Jammu forest eviction drive

BJP’s lip service, empty rhetoric won’t work in Assembly polls: J&K Cong
May 21, 2026

Jammu/Srinagar: The Congress in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday demanded a high-level inquiry headed by a sitting or retired high...

Read moreDetails

CS reviews sustainability plan for Industrial Biotech Parks in J&K

Chief Secy reviews Mission YUVA progress across J&K districts
May 21, 2026

Jammu: Chief Secretary Atal Dulloo on Wednesday reviewed the operational framework and sustainability plan for Industrial Biotech Parks being established...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Demolition of shops of Kashmiri Pandits in Jammu spark protests, condemnations

Demolition of shops of Kashmiri Pandits in Jammu spark protests, condemnations

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.