• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Terrorists shot at and injure two labourers from UP in Mazhama: Police

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
November 2, 2024
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
JeM militant killed in Khrew

Representational Photo

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar:  Two labourers from Uttar Pradesh were shot at by terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir’s Budgam district on Friday evening, officials said.

Sufiyan and Usman were injured after they came under attack in the Mazhama area of Magam in the central Kashmir district, they said, adding that the duo were taken to a hospital, where their condition was stated to be stable.

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

This was the fifth terror attack in the Kashmir valley since a new government was formed in the Union Territory last month.

Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and National Conference (NC) president Farooq Abdullah were among the leaders who condemned the attack.

In a post from its official X handle, the NC said: “JKNC President Dr Farooq Abdullah and Vice President and Chief Minister Omar Abdullah have expressed deep sorrow over the terrorist attack on civilians in Mazhama, Budgam, strongly condemning this act of violence. They extend their heartfelt sympathies and prayers to the victims and their families, standing in solidarity with those affected by this tragic incident.”

NC MP Aga Syed Ruhullah Mehdi wondered “why this sudden rise in these attacks immediately after the recent elections”.

In a post on X, the Lok Sabha MP from Srinagar said, “Saddened by the news of the terrorist attack on civilians in Mazhama, Budgam. My sympathies and prayers with the victims and their families.”

“The BJP regime which is directly in control of the security in Jammu and Kashmir should be held accountable for these repeated failures,” he said. “Also want to ask why this sudden rise in these attacks immediately after the recent elections?”

Jammu and Kashmir Congress chief Tariq Hameed Karra strongly condemned the attack, terming it most unfortunate, and prayed for a speedy recovery of the injured.

Karra urged the government to take effective measures to curb “such inhuman, shameful and cowardice acts”.

Apni Party president Altaf Bukhari described the attack as the worst form of cowardice.

“Terrorists have once again attacked non-local labourers, this time in Mazahama, leaving two of them injured. This is the worst form of cowardice on the part of the perpetrators. I pray for the swift recovery of the injured. The security agencies must ensure that the perpetrators are caught and brought to justice,” he said.

The Peoples’ Conference, led by Sajad Lone, said it was senseless violence.

“We strongly condemn the cowardly attack on two innocent individuals — Sufiyan and Usman from Uttar Pradesh — who were shot at by militants in Budgam today. This senseless violence has left them injured and we pray for their quick recovery,” the party said in a post on X.

Meanwhile, Kashmir Constructional Workers Union (KCWU) affiliated with CITU has strongly condemned the heinous terror attack at Mazhama Budgam.

“These workers are working hard far away from their families to earn dignified livelihood for their families but are being repeatedly attacked here for none of their fault which is highly condemnable. There is no place for such inhuman acts in a civilised society and such inhuman terror acts can’t be tolerated anymore,” a KCWU spokesman.

Terming the attack as “barbaric”, Union has said that such incidents must be condemned in the strongest possible terms and we must raise voices against such brutal attacks.

This was the fifth terror attack in Kashmir since the formation of a new government in the Union Territory.

On October 24, two soldiers and two Army porters were killed while another porter and a soldier were injured in a terrorist attack on an Army vehicle six kilometres from the popular tourist destination of Gulmarg.

Earlier that day, terrorists shot at and injured Shubam Kumar, a labourer from Uttar Pradesh, in the Tral area of Pulwama district.

On October 20, a local doctor and six non-local labourers were gunned down by terrorists at a tunnel construction site in the Gagangir area of Ganderbal. A labourer from Bihar was shot dead by terrorists in Shopian district on October 18.

 

Previous Post

Indian Army begins patrolling in eastern Ladakh’s Demchok: Sources

Next Post

Former J&K Governor Vohra terms Rana “rare gentleman politician”

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Governor approves scholarship Scheme for meritorious students of SMVD College of Nursing

Former J&K Governor Vohra terms Rana “rare gentleman politician”

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.