• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Congress not to field candidates in UP Assembly bypolls, says will support INDIA bloc nominees

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
October 24, 2024
in NATION
A A
0
Cong launches month-long ‘Haath Se Haath Jodo’ campaign in J&K
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The Congress on Thursday announced it would not field candidates in the nine Assembly bypolls in Uttar Pradesh and would support the INDIA bloc nominees, asserting that the prevailing political situation demands prioritising efforts to protect the Constitution over party interests.

Addressing a press conference at the party headquarters here along with the Congress’ Uttar Pradesh chief Ajay Rai, AICC general secretary in-charge of the state Avinash Pande said party workers and leaders would unconditionally work to ensure the victory of Samajwadi Party candidates or that of other INDIA bloc parties.

More News

Naxalism eradicated from country before March 31 deadline: Shah

Operation Sindoor reflected ‘smart power’ in its most complete expression, says Indian Army chief

Rahul renews attack on PM over US deal, claims BJP sold India to save Adani

Load More

“The manner in which political and social tensions are rising in UP and in the country and keeping in mind the objectives with which the INDIA bloc was created, on that basis, the question is not about strengthening organisation or forwarding party interests but to save the Constitution and to strengthen mutual harmony,” Pande said.     Keeping this in mind, on the suggestions of UP Congress leaders, the party has decided not to field its candidates but strongly work for the victory of the INDIA bloc nominees, he said.

“We have to ensure the defeat of the BJP nominees so that it has a positive impact on the Assembly polls in 2027,” Pande asserted.

Pande said recently, under the aegis of the Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee, ‘Samvidhan Bachao Sankalp Sammelan’ were organised in all the 10 Assembly constituencies where bypolls are due.

“If the BJP is not stopped today, then the Constitution, brotherhood and mutual harmony will weaken in the times to come,” he alleged.

He asserted that it was not about seats but victory on these seats.

Pande said the decision was arrived at after consultations involving Rai, Congress Legislature Party leader Aradhana Misra, AICC general secretary organisation K C Venugopal, Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Rahul Gandhi, Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge, alongwith the SP leadership.

The Congress’ assertion came a day after SP chief Akhilesh Yadav said all the INDIA bloc candidates would contest the bypolls on the party’s ‘cycle’ election symbol.

Pande, however, clarified that the candidate and symbol both would be of the SP or any other INDIA bloc ally, and not of the Congress.

Yadav had earlier said the alliance’s decision was not informed by any seat-sharing maths but a pursuit of victory.

“The Congress and the Samajwadi Party are united and stand shoulder to shoulder for a big victory. The INDIA bloc is going to write a new chapter of victory in this by-election,” Yadav said in a post on X on Wednesday.

Yadav on Thursday shared on X a picture with Congress leader Rahul Gandhi and emphasised their shared commitment to protect the Constitution, reservation and social harmony.

The nine assembly seats going to polls are Katehari, Karhal, Mirapur, Ghaziabad, Majhawan, Sisamau, Khair, Phulpur and Kundarki.

The bypolls are scheduled to be held on November 13 and the results will be announced on November 23.

 

 

Previous Post

Palestinian officials say Israeli strike on school-turned-shelter in Gaza has killed 16

Next Post

More than 70 flights receive bomb threats on Thursday

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Naxalism eradicated from country before March 31 deadline: Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 20, 2026

Jagdalpur:  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Tuesday said Naxalism has been completely eradicated from the country ahead of the...

Read moreDetails

Operation Sindoor reflected ‘smart power’ in its most complete expression, says Indian Army chief

Army chief reviews counter-terror ops, deliberates on infusion of advanced tech
May 20, 2026

New Delhi: Under Operation Sindoor, Indian forces dismantled terror infrastructure, punctured a long-standing strategic assumption, and then stopped "deliberately and...

Read moreDetails

Rahul renews attack on PM over US deal, claims BJP sold India to save Adani

NDA govt at Centre ‘crippled’; opposition dealt fatal blow to BJP: Rahul Gandhi
May 20, 2026

Raebareli (UP): Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha and Congress MP Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday launched a scathing attack on...

Read moreDetails

All must follow law to maintain harmony: Rijiju on Adityanath’s remarks over namaz on streets

May 20, 2026

New Delhi:  Minority Affairs Minister Kiren Rijiju on Tuesday reacted to remarks linked to Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi calls for early end to conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

‘Challenging’ situation due to West Asia war, says PM Modi
May 19, 2026

Oslo:  India and Norway have firmed up a Green Strategic Partnership, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Norwegian counterpart...

Read moreDetails

India ‘by and large’ free from 3 internal security problems, ‘dream’ of ending Naxalism achieved: Amit Shah

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
May 18, 2026

Jagdalpur (Chhattisgarh):  Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday asserted that India is now "by and large" free from three...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
UK air traffic control outage to cause chaos for days, minister dismisses ‘cybersecurity incident’

More than 70 flights receive bomb threats on Thursday

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.