• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Thursday, May 21, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Massive combing operation launched after Ganderbal terror attack

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
October 22, 2024
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Massive combing operation launched after Ganderbal terror attack
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar, Oct 21: A day after a terror attack at a tunnel construction site in Ganderbal left seven people dead, security forces on Monday launched a massive combing operation in the area, with National Investigation Agency (NIA) sleuths scouring the site for evidence.

Army, CRPF and police personnel fanned out in the areas around the construction site to track down the terrorists and their supporters involved in one of the deadliest attacks on non-local labourers in Kashmir, officials said.

More News

LG pitches for dismantling funding, networks, and support systems of terrorism

High court announces virtual hearings amid fuel conservation measures

J&K finalises Panchayat Electoral Rolls 2026; voter count crosses 72.24 lakh

Load More

“So far, no progress has been made in terms of arrests but we are hopeful of developing some leads that will lead us to the terrorists involved in the attack,” an official said.

A doctor and six labourers were killed when terrorists struck a tunnel construction site on the Srinagar-Leh national highway in Jammu and Kashmir’s Ganderbal district on Sunday.

The unidentified terrorists carried out the attack when the labourers and other staff working on the tunnel project at Gund in Ganderbal had returned to their camp late in the evening, the officials said.

They said the terrorists — believed to be at least two — opened indiscriminate fire on the group of labourers that included both locals and non-locals.

While two labourers died on the spot, four others and the doctor succumbed to their injuries subsequently, the officials said, adding that five people are undergoing treatment for injuries.

The deceased have been identified as Dr Shahnawaz, Faheem Nasir, Kaleem, Mohammad Hanif, Shashi Abrol, Anil Shukla and Gurmeet Singh.

This was the deadliest attack on non-local labourers in Kashmir since the June 2006 attack in Yaripora area of Kulgam district which left nine labourers — hailing from Nepal and Bihar — dead.

The NIA sleuths this afternoon visited the spot to collect evidence that could lead the investigators to the perpetrators of the attack. (With inputs from PTI)

 

 

Previous Post

MLAs administered oath, Omar takes pledge in Kashmiri

Next Post

It’s time to leverage dividends of peace & be vigilant against those seeking to disrupt it: LG Sinha

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

LG pitches for dismantling funding, networks, and support systems of terrorism

LG pitches for dismantling funding, networks, and support systems of terrorism
May 21, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Wednesday said peace is the fundamental prerequisite for development and credited the Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

High court announces virtual hearings amid fuel conservation measures

PM Modi inaugurating incomplete projects for votes: JKPCC
May 21, 2026

Srinagar: The High Court of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh on Wednesday announced the adoption of virtual hearings and hybrid...

Read moreDetails

J&K finalises Panchayat Electoral Rolls 2026; voter count crosses 72.24 lakh

Name not in voters’ list, claim non-migrant Kashmiri Pandits
May 21, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir State Election Commission has finalised the Panchayat Electoral Rolls 2026 following completion of the annual...

Read moreDetails

Sidhra Demolition: Govt sets-up committee to probe violations of Forest Rights Act

Authorities in J&K probe ‘radicalisation’ of youths especially girls in Kashmir schools
May 21, 2026

Srinagar/JAMMU: As the Jammu & Kashmir government on Wednesday constituted a committee to probe possible violations of the Forest Rights...

Read moreDetails

J&K Cong seeks probe by retired HC judge into Jammu forest eviction drive

BJP’s lip service, empty rhetoric won’t work in Assembly polls: J&K Cong
May 21, 2026

Jammu/Srinagar: The Congress in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday demanded a high-level inquiry headed by a sitting or retired high...

Read moreDetails

CS reviews sustainability plan for Industrial Biotech Parks in J&K

Chief Secy reviews Mission YUVA progress across J&K districts
May 21, 2026

Jammu: Chief Secretary Atal Dulloo on Wednesday reviewed the operational framework and sustainability plan for Industrial Biotech Parks being established...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
It’s time to leverage dividends of peace & be vigilant against those seeking to disrupt it: LG Sinha

It’s time to leverage dividends of peace & be vigilant against those seeking to disrupt it: LG Sinha

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.