• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 8, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Centre orders deployment of two battalions of Assam Rifles to Jammu

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
August 4, 2024
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
VDGs want automatic weapons, enhanced allowances

File photo

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: The Centre on Saturday ordered deployment of two battalions (around two-thousand personnel) of Assam Rifles to Jammu region which has seen an increase in terror attacks in recent months.

The move comes days after the Centre moved over 2000 BSF personnel from Odhisa to the region in the backdrop of recent attacks in Jammu.

More News

CM seeks special central package for the flood-hit Rajouri-Poonch

FIR filed against Mehbooba Mufti, daughter for ‘assault’ on cop during Article 370 protest

Fight for J&K’s statehood to continue until it is restored: Omar Abdullah

Load More

The recent spate of terror attacks in the Jammu region, which had been pronounced a “militancy-free” zone around 15 years ago, has seen the security agencies scrambling for a tough response, reported India Today.

Around 50 highly trained “Pakistan-based fighters” are believed to have infiltrated in the upper reaches of Jammu, including Doda, Rajouri, Udhampur, and other adjacent areas. The move to deploy additional troops is seen as a part of a major counter-terror offensive in the otherwise calm Jammu region.

“In addition to being highly skilled in armed combat, the infiltrating terrorists are believed to be equipped with some of the most modern and sophisticated weapons, including U.S-made M4 Carbine rifles fitted with night vision devices,” India Today quoted sources as saying.

These highly-trained fighters are said to be responsible for the deaths of nine security personnel in the first three weeks of the month of June this year.

On July 08, four soldiers were killed while six others were injured when terrorists attacked an army convoy in the Kathua area of Jammu.

The casualty count for this year is rapidly approaching closer to the number of deaths recorded in 2023, which saw 20 deaths of soldiers. Army sources suspect the involvement of Pakistan’s elite Special Service Group (SSG) in the terror attack. In addition to Poonch and Rajouri, there have been attacks in Kathua, Udhampur, and Doda. The most recent incident occurred on July 15 in the Dessa Hills of Doda, where four soldiers, including a captain, were killed.

Since the start of this year, 14 terror attacks have taken place across six districts of Jammu region, which have resulted in the deaths of 27 people, including 11 security personnel, a village defence guard, and five terrorists.

 

Previous Post

CS calls for additional measures to clean Wular Lake; tough action against encroachers

Next Post

Facilitators of terror, drug traffickers, illegal miners won’t be spared, says Union minister

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

CM seeks special central package for the flood-hit Rajouri-Poonch

CM seeks special central package for the flood-hit Rajouri-Poonch
August 7, 2026

Rajouri/Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday said he will personally approach Prime Minister Narendra Modi with a proposal seeking...

Read moreDetails

FIR filed against Mehbooba Mufti, daughter for ‘assault’ on cop during Article 370 protest

FIR filed against Mehbooba Mufti, daughter for ‘assault’ on cop during Article 370 protest
August 7, 2026

Srinagar: Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Mehbooba Mufti and her daughter Iltija Mufti have been booked for allegedly assaulting...

Read moreDetails

Fight for J&K’s statehood to continue until it is restored: Omar Abdullah

Farooq Abdullah questions Centre’s silence on situation in PoJK
August 7, 2026

Srinagar/Jammu:  Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday asserted that his government and the National Conference (NC) would continue their efforts...

Read moreDetails

IFS induction in J&K revived after 13-year freeze

IFS induction in J&K revived after 13-year freeze
August 7, 2026

Srinagar: In a significant development paving the way for Jammu & Kashmir’s officers to enter the prestigious Indian Forest Service...

Read moreDetails

‘J&K power demand surges 24% in 12 years’

‘J&K leading the charge in electricity sector reforms’
August 7, 2026

Srinagar: In the past 12 years, Jammu and Kashmir has witnessed a surge in power demand by more than 24...

Read moreDetails

CS calls for stronger women-led institutions to boost rural livelihoods in J&K

CS calls for stronger women-led institutions to boost rural livelihoods in J&K
August 7, 2026

SRINAGAR: Chief Secretary Atal Dulloo on Thursday directed the Jammu and Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission (JKRLM) to strengthen women-led community...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
India’s efforts to eradicate TB by 2025 role model for world: Union minister Jitendra Singh

Facilitators of terror, drug traffickers, illegal miners won't be spared, says Union minister

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.