• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Thursday, August 6, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

LeT commander among 2 terrorists killed in Pulwama encounter

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
June 4, 2024
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
LeT commander among 2 terrorists killed in Pulwama encounter
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Two terrorists of banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), including a self-styled ‘commander’ who had been operating for the longest period, were killed in an encounter with the security forces in Pulwama district of south Kashmir, officials said Monday.

They said the anti-terror operation started at 11.45 PM on Sunday when police along with the army and paramilitary forces laid a cordon around a house in the Nihama area of Pulwama district following intelligence input about the presence of terrorists there.

More News

J&K, Ladakh witnessed wide-ranging transformation since Article 370 abrogation: PM Modi

7th death anniversary of J&K’s special status

J&K administration has resolved to dismantle terror network: LG Sinha

Load More

“The encounter with the two holed-up terrorists started at 7 AM on Monday after the duo identified as Riyaz Ahmad Dar of Sethargund Kakapora, and Rayees Ahmad Dar of Larve Kakapora, refused to surrender,” they said.

During the operation, which was overseen by Deputy Inspector General of Police (South Kashmir) Altaf Khan, precaution was adopted to ensure that there was no collateral damage or any harm to any civilian life, they said.

The firing intensified in the afternoon following which the house in which the two terrorists were holed up caught fire.

The operation was called off at 4 PM after the recovery of the bodies of two terrorists.

Riyaz Dar had joined the Lashker-e-Taiba in 2014 and had closely worked with slain Pakistani terrorists Abu Dujana and Abu Ismail. He had participated in many terror-related activities, police said.

While Riyaz, designated as an A++ terrorist, carried a cash reward of above Rs 10 lakh, Rayees Dar was categorised as ‘A’ carrying a cash reward of Rs 5 lakh, they added.

Inspector General of Police V K GP Birdi termed the killings as a “significant development towards achieving a terrorism-free Jammu and Kashmir.”

An official said that the Kakapora hamlet in Pulwama was “once a hotbed of terrorism, particularly associated with the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), but today with the elimination of these two active terrorists, the area of Kakapora no longer has any active terrorists.”

Today’s was the second anti-terror operation in south Kashmir in less than four weeks.

On May 7, the police achieved a major success after they gunned down Basit Dar, self-styled commander of the banned The Resistance Front (TRF) terror group, a shadow group of Lashker-e-Taiba.

He and another terrorist, Momeen, were killed in an encounter in Kulgam’s Redwani village. Both were involved in 18 terror-related cases which included targeting of minorities and police personnel. (With inputs from PTI & KNO)

 

Previous Post

Tackling stray dog menace can’t be left entirely to NGOs: HC

Next Post

Count of postal ballots will commence first: CEC

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

J&K, Ladakh witnessed wide-ranging transformation since Article 370 abrogation: PM Modi

J&K, Ladakh witnessed wide-ranging transformation since Article 370 abrogation: PM Modi
August 6, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said since the abrogation of Article 370 in 2019, the lives of...

Read moreDetails

7th death anniversary of J&K’s special status

7th death anniversary of J&K’s special status
August 6, 2026

The’e Khabar Garam, Ki Galib Ke Udain Ge Purze; Dekhne Hum Bhi Gaye, Par Who Tamasha Na Houa. (The news...

Read moreDetails

J&K administration has resolved to dismantle terror network: LG Sinha

J&K administration has resolved to dismantle terror network: LG Sinha
August 6, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Wednesday said his administration has resolved to dismantle the terror network and bring its...

Read moreDetails

Wounds unhealed, statehood promise unfulfilled: Omar Abdullah on anniversary of Article 370 abrogation

CM holds pre-budget consultations with stakeholders in tourism, industries, education
August 6, 2026

Jammu/Srinagar: Protests and celebrations marked the seventh anniversary of the abrogation of Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday,...

Read moreDetails

Abrogation of Article 370 ushered in new era of peace, development in J&K: BJP

Abrogation of Article 370 ushered in new era of peace, development in J&K: BJP
August 6, 2026

Jammu/Srinagar:  The BJP on Wednesday said the abrogation of Articles 370 and 35A on August 5, 2019, marked the beginning...

Read moreDetails

CS reviews anti-narcotics strategy, calls for faster NDPS trials and stronger rehabilitation

Chief Secy reviews Mission YUVA progress across J&K districts
August 6, 2026

SRINAGAR: Chief Secretary Atal Dulloo on Wednesday reviewed Jammu and Kashmir's anti-narcotics strategy at the 18th Union Territory-level meeting of...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Will ensure Assembly, Lok Sabha polls in J&K soon: CEC

Count of postal ballots will commence first: CEC

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.