• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home WORLD

Death toll in China highway collapse jumps to 48

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
May 2, 2024
in WORLD
A A
0
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Beijing: The death toll in the collapse of a section of a mountainside expressway in China’s Guangdong province doubled to 48 on Thursday, the official media reported, as more than 20 vehicles tumbled down a slope.

The disaster involving a large number of vehicles was caused on Wednesday by a landslide at the Chayang section of the Meizhou-Dabu Expressway in Meizhou city on the first day of the five-day May Day holiday.

More News

21 killed, 61 injured in blast at fireworks factory in China

Canada declares Khalistan extremists as ‘national security threat’

India is a great country: Trump after controversial social media repost

Load More

The collapsed section of the expressway measures 17.9 metres long and covers an area of 184.3 square metres.

So far 48 people were killed and several others injured, state-run Xinhua news agency reported. On Wednesday the death toll was 24.

The collapse happened on Wednesday early morning after a month of heavy rains in a mountainous part of southern Guangdong province. Vehicles fell down the slope and some caught fire, reports said.

Chinese President Xi Jinping has given “important instructions” on the rescue and disaster relief work following the fatal expressway collapse, the report said.

Xi instructed that every effort be carried out for on-site rescue, and treatment of the injured.

Efforts should be made to repair the damaged roads and restore traffic order as soon as possible, Xi said.

All regions and relevant departments must ensure the safety of people’s lives and property and the overall social stability, he said.

Premier Li Qiang has also given instructions to spare no effort in rescuing the injured, carry out follow-up work, do everything possible to search and rescue trapped persons, and strictly guard against secondary risks.

Li emphasised that the ongoing May Day holiday is the peak of tourism prime time, accompanied by widespread rainfall in some areas, necessitating all-out efforts to prevent accidents and disasters.

The Ministry of Emergency Management, the Ministry of Transport and other relevant departments have dispatched working groups to the scene to conduct the rescue efforts.

 

 

Previous Post

Daily-wager with PDD electrocuted to death, mechanic hospitalised in Mendhar Poonch

Next Post

It would take until 2040 to repair all homes destroyed so far in Gaza, UN report says

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

21 killed, 61 injured in blast at fireworks factory in China

Director FES issues advisory on fire prevention
May 5, 2026

Beijing: At least 21 people were killed and 61 others injured in a massive explosion at a fireworks factory in...

Read moreDetails

Canada declares Khalistan extremists as ‘national security threat’

UK review warns against anti-India rhetoric over Kashmir, pro-Khalistan extremism
May 3, 2026

Ottawa: Canada's intelligence agency has declared Khalistani extremists a "national security threat", adding that the group uses institutions to promote...

Read moreDetails

India is a great country: Trump after controversial social media repost

April 24, 2026

New Delhi:  The US on Thursday sought to control the damage done by a controversial social media repost by US...

Read moreDetails

US, Iran agree to 2-week ceasefire as Trump seizes diplomatic offramp

US, Iran agree to 2-week ceasefire as Trump seizes diplomatic offramp
April 8, 2026

Tehran: US President Donald Trump pulled back on his threats to launch devastating strikes on Iran late Tuesday, swerving to...

Read moreDetails

India’s permanent contribution to agenda of world community is of enormous importance for us: Guterres

UN says violence against children in conflict reached extreme levels in 2023, including in Gaza
February 17, 2026

United Nations:  India's permanent contribution to the agenda of the international community and that of the UN is of "enormous...

Read moreDetails

Jaishankar reiterates India’s support for UNSC reform during meeting with G7 counterparts in Germany

Those enjoying benefits of permanent membership clearly not in hurry to see UN reforms: Jaishankar
February 14, 2026

Munich: External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Saturday met his counterparts from the G7 countries as he reiterated India’s support...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

It would take until 2040 to repair all homes destroyed so far in Gaza, UN report says

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.