KI News

AC transfers 22 kanals, 2 marlas land to Animal Husbandry Department

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

JAMMU: The Administrative Council (AC) which met here today under the chairmanship of Manoj Sinha, Lieutenant Governor, approved transfer of 22 Kanals and 2 Marlas of land situated in Estate Devipora, tehsil Tulmulla, district Ganderbal in favour of Animal Husbandry Department (AHD) for the establishment of Dairy Plant.

Rajeev Rai Bhatnagar, Advisor to the Lieutenant Governor; Atal Dulloo, Chief Secretary; Mandeep Kumar Bhandari, Principal Secretary to the Lieutenant Governor attended the meeting.

The Jammu and Kashmir Milk Producers Cooperative Limited (JKMPCL) shall be implementing agency for implementation of the Central Sector Scheme, National Programme for Dairy Development (NPDD) which shall be contributing 90% of the funding under the central sector component, and remaining 10% will be JKMPCL’s share, for execution of the project.

The project shall provide employment and reduce agro-farm wastage and also enhance the nutritional value of the produce. 

With this decision, approximately 1.50 lacks milk producers will be benefitted in the area and employment opportunities for approximately 400 to 500 people will be created.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *