• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Thursday, August 6, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Arrested fraudsters who created fake website to dupe job seekers denied bail

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
December 8, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Toolkit case: Delhi court grants protection from arrest to Shantanu Muluk till Mar 9
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jammu:  A court here has rejected the bail plea of an accused recently arrested by the cyber wing of the Jammu and Kashmir Police for his alleged involvement in creating a fake website of a government department to dupe gullible job seekers.

Tahir Ahmad Bhat, who claims to be a journalist from Sarnal Payeen village of south Kashmir’s Anantnag district, moved a bail application in the court of Special Mobile Magistrate, Srinagar, Ahsan Malik on November 22.

More News

J&K, Ladakh witnessed wide-ranging transformation since Article 370 abrogation: PM Modi

7th death anniversary of J&K’s special status

J&K administration has resolved to dismantle terror network: LG Sinha

Load More

He was among two persons arrested by the cyber police after registering a case under various sections of the Information Technology Act and Indian Penal Code following a written communication from the Health and Medical Education (H&ME) Department that their official website had been cloned and fake appointment orders uploaded.

Investigations revealed that the fake website was created by one Prashant Mathur of Agra and 10 unemployed youth from different parts of the Kashmir Valley were duped of their money on the pretext of getting them jobs in the H&ME Department.

“It is strange that the accused herein is a journalist by profession and is allegedly involved in the crime and is a habitual criminal and many FIRs are already registered against him. So, in no circumstances, the accused/applicant herein is entitled to concession of bail,” the magistrate said on Monday.

The court said it appeared that it was a job scam and a gang was operating not only in Jammu and Kashmir, but their kingpin out of the Union Territory with the common intention to loot the unemployed educated youth.

“There is no doubt that bail is the rule and jail is the provision. However, this principle has not to be applied blindly but is subject to various considerations and conditions.

“Bail is not something which is readily available but the accused has to establish his prima facie innocence and his non-involvement in the alleged offence committed by him,” the court said.

Previous Post

Cost of Rs 2 lakh imposed on Director Health Services for trapping a citizen for 20 years in ‘frivolous litigation’

Next Post

2015 attack on BSF convoy: NIA attaches properties of 2 LeT operatives

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

J&K, Ladakh witnessed wide-ranging transformation since Article 370 abrogation: PM Modi

J&K, Ladakh witnessed wide-ranging transformation since Article 370 abrogation: PM Modi
August 6, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said since the abrogation of Article 370 in 2019, the lives of...

Read moreDetails

7th death anniversary of J&K’s special status

7th death anniversary of J&K’s special status
August 6, 2026

The’e Khabar Garam, Ki Galib Ke Udain Ge Purze; Dekhne Hum Bhi Gaye, Par Who Tamasha Na Houa. (The news...

Read moreDetails

J&K administration has resolved to dismantle terror network: LG Sinha

J&K administration has resolved to dismantle terror network: LG Sinha
August 6, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Wednesday said his administration has resolved to dismantle the terror network and bring its...

Read moreDetails

Wounds unhealed, statehood promise unfulfilled: Omar Abdullah on anniversary of Article 370 abrogation

CM holds pre-budget consultations with stakeholders in tourism, industries, education
August 6, 2026

Jammu/Srinagar: Protests and celebrations marked the seventh anniversary of the abrogation of Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday,...

Read moreDetails

Abrogation of Article 370 ushered in new era of peace, development in J&K: BJP

Abrogation of Article 370 ushered in new era of peace, development in J&K: BJP
August 6, 2026

Jammu/Srinagar:  The BJP on Wednesday said the abrogation of Articles 370 and 35A on August 5, 2019, marked the beginning...

Read moreDetails

CS reviews anti-narcotics strategy, calls for faster NDPS trials and stronger rehabilitation

Chief Secy reviews Mission YUVA progress across J&K districts
August 6, 2026

SRINAGAR: Chief Secretary Atal Dulloo on Wednesday reviewed Jammu and Kashmir's anti-narcotics strategy at the 18th Union Territory-level meeting of...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
NIA arrests racketeer over seizure of fake currency, gold at IGI airport

2015 attack on BSF convoy: NIA attaches properties of 2 LeT operatives

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.