• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Thursday, May 21, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Kokernag encounter day 6: Body of missing Army man recovered, one charred body also found, toll 6

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
September 19, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Forces use drones, fire mortar shells as Anantnag operation enters Day 3

Anantnag: Smoke rises after a blast at a terrorists' hideout during the ongoing encounter at Kokernag area, in Anantnag district, Friday, Sept. 15, 2023. (PTI Photo) (PTI09_15_2023_000085A)

FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Anantnag: The ongoing encounter at Gadool area of Kokernag hamlet of south Kashmir’s Anantnag district entered the 6th straight day on Monday, with security forces recovering the body of the missing Army personnel and also recovered one charred body.

An official told the news agency KNO that the body of Army personnel Pradeep, who had been missing alongside Major Ashish on Wednesday last week, was recovered on Monday and is being transported back. This takes the toll in the encounter, including the unidentified charred body, to six.

More News

LG pitches for dismantling funding, networks, and support systems of terrorism

High court announces virtual hearings amid fuel conservation measures

J&K finalises Panchayat Electoral Rolls 2026; voter count crosses 72.24 lakh

Load More

While the Army is using the latest gadgets and weapons, there is no concrete evidence of whether the terrorists are still hiding in the area or have managed to flee.

The official said that intermittent firing was witnessed throughout the day (on Monday) and the combining operation in the area is likely to continue on Tuesday as well.

He said the para-commandos along with additional 20 companies of forces have been deployed in the area to search for terrorists hiding in the dense forests. The movement is being monitored closely by helicopters, he said.

During the joint security operation, we used grenade launchers and shells on suspected terrorist hideout locations using drones, but as of now, there is no confirmation about the killing of any terrorist as so far a single charred body beyond recognition has been recovered, he said, adding that they will likely go for DNA sampling to confirm the identity.

The official said that civilians living close to the area have been already evacuated to safer places and the drones including Herons have been pressed into action to find and neutralise the hiding terrorists.

“There is no confirmation whether any terrorist has been killed so far given the tough terrain and forest area,” he added.

On Saturday, Northern Army Commander Lt General Upendra Dwivedi visited the encounter site and reviewed the operational situation of the ongoing operation.

The encounter at Gadool forests is turning out to be the biggest one given the involvement of tough terrain and erratic weather conditions.

Official sources told KNO that there are 81 militants active in Kashmir division and among them, 33 are locals while the rest are non-locals.

Pertinently, on Wednesday, during the initial exchange of fire, Colonel Manpreet Singh, who was the Commanding Officer of 19 RR, Major Aashish Dhonchak and DySP Humayun Bhat, the son of former DIG Kashmir Ghulam Muhammad Bhat, were killed.

On Thursday, the operation continued in which two soldiers received injuries and were shifted to hospital for treatment. On Friday, the body of a soldier, who had been missing since Wednesday during the gunfight with terrorists, was recovered from the encounter site.

The Kokernag encounter is the biggest since August 5 this year in south Kashmir when three soldiers of Army’s 34 RR were killed in Halan Manzgam forest area of Kulgam district. On March 30, 2020, five security personnel-including a Colonel, a Major and a Sub-Inspector were killed in an 18-hour-long encounter in north Kashmir’s Handwara.

This year so far, 51 terrorists have been killed in J&K and among them 41 were foreigners and 10 were locals. Officials said that around 20 security forces were killed this year in terrorist attacks and encounters.

Previous Post

Three detained under PSA for alleged terror links in Kishtwar

Next Post

Govt determined to create fear-free, terrorism-free, corruption-free, future-oriented J&K: LG Sinha

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

LG pitches for dismantling funding, networks, and support systems of terrorism

LG pitches for dismantling funding, networks, and support systems of terrorism
May 21, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Wednesday said peace is the fundamental prerequisite for development and credited the Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

High court announces virtual hearings amid fuel conservation measures

PM Modi inaugurating incomplete projects for votes: JKPCC
May 21, 2026

Srinagar: The High Court of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh on Wednesday announced the adoption of virtual hearings and hybrid...

Read moreDetails

J&K finalises Panchayat Electoral Rolls 2026; voter count crosses 72.24 lakh

Name not in voters’ list, claim non-migrant Kashmiri Pandits
May 21, 2026

Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir State Election Commission has finalised the Panchayat Electoral Rolls 2026 following completion of the annual...

Read moreDetails

Sidhra Demolition: Govt sets-up committee to probe violations of Forest Rights Act

Authorities in J&K probe ‘radicalisation’ of youths especially girls in Kashmir schools
May 21, 2026

Srinagar/JAMMU: As the Jammu & Kashmir government on Wednesday constituted a committee to probe possible violations of the Forest Rights...

Read moreDetails

J&K Cong seeks probe by retired HC judge into Jammu forest eviction drive

BJP’s lip service, empty rhetoric won’t work in Assembly polls: J&K Cong
May 21, 2026

Jammu/Srinagar: The Congress in Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday demanded a high-level inquiry headed by a sitting or retired high...

Read moreDetails

CS reviews sustainability plan for Industrial Biotech Parks in J&K

Chief Secy reviews Mission YUVA progress across J&K districts
May 21, 2026

Jammu: Chief Secretary Atal Dulloo on Wednesday reviewed the operational framework and sustainability plan for Industrial Biotech Parks being established...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Govt determined to create fear-free, terrorism-free, corruption-free, future-oriented J&K: LG Sinha

Govt determined to create fear-free, terrorism-free, corruption-free, future-oriented J&K: LG Sinha

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.