• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

CAG questions selection of projects in J&K under Centre’s key scheme for tourism sector

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
August 15, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
CAG pulls up JKPCC for poor performance, not finalising accounts
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: The Comptroller and Auditor General of India has slammed the Jammu & Kashmir Government for selecting three projects under the Tourism Ministry’s “Swadesh Darshan” scheme.

The CAG report, which was tabled in the Parliament in the recently concluded monsoon session, has pointed out that these projects were selected without considering factors such as current tourist traffic, connectivity potential, and stakeholder consultation.

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

The Swadesh Darshan scheme was launched by the Union Tourism Ministry in 2015 for the development of tourist infrastructure in India.

In its report, a copy of which is in possession of news agency KNO, the CAG said that these projects were picked up from existing developed tourist destinations or unviable sites were selected.

“As per the scheme guidelines, tourist circuits/destinations were to be identified considering factors such as current tourist traffic, connectivity potential and significance attached to the site, holistic tourist experience. However, identification criteria for the components planned and executed under the project was not mentioned in the respective DPRs. The projects were picked up from existing developed tourist destinations or unviable sites were selected. It was noticed that three projects were planned without considering factors such as current tourist traffic, connectivity potential, stakeholder consultation,” the CAG said.

The CAG revealed that a project under the scheme was executed at Suchetgarh , Jammu, despite being a sensitive location.

“Suchetgarh (Jammu) is situated in a sensitive border location. Despite knowing this fact, the state government selected this location for the execution of a project under the Himalayan circuit in Jammu & Kashmir and completed it by incurring an expenditure of Rs 3.71 crore. During the site visit, it was noticed that the project completed under the scheme is occupied and used by the Border Security Force (BSF) for their operational purposes, hence defeating the very purpose of the project,” reads the report.

The CAG noticed that Jammu & Kashmir government took up a project under the scheme in Salamabad Uri without ensuring availability of land for it.

“The component ‘Integrated Development of Border Tourism at Salamabad-Uri’ under Swadesh Darshan Scheme was entrusted to J&K Projects Construction Corporation (JKPCC) by State Tourism Department. The land belonged to National Hydroelectric Power Corporation NHPC) and despite knowing this fact, the implementing agency went ahead with project execution. During physical inspection, it was seen that NHPC had constructed a wall around the land and work had been stopped after incurring an expenditure of Rs 1.27 crore for earthwork for basement and foundation columns, etc., which thus proved to be unfruitful,” the report states.

The CAG report mentions that the J & K Government took up work for an amusement park at Tattoo Ground Srinagar without ensuring availability of land for the same.

“Similarly, land of Amusement Park at Tattoo Ground, Srinagar was in occupation by the Armed Forces. Without ensuring land availability, work was taken up and an expenditure of Rs 0.16 crore was incurred. Later, the Armed Forces did not allow construction and work was stopped. Thus, due to poor planning, the project turned out to be a total loss and got dropped,” the report states.

Previous Post

Independence Day: Liberation in Diversity, Celebration in Unity

Next Post

Eastern Ladakh row: India, China hold fresh military talks

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
‘US closely monitoring India-China border row, does not want it to escalate’

Eastern Ladakh row: India, China hold fresh military talks

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.