• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Killing of 4 IAF officers: Court issues production warrant against accused arrested in Srinagar

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
July 15, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Toolkit case: Delhi court grants protection from arrest to Shantanu Muluk till Mar 9
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jammu: A local court on Friday deferred the hearing in a case related to the killing of four IAF officers by terrorists in 1990 after one of the key accused, Mohammad Rafiq Pahloo alias ‘Nanaji’, was arrested by the Srinagar police along with nine others for “conspiring to revive separatist activities” in Jammu and Kashmir.

The special TADA court Jammu has issued warrants for the presence of Nanaji on the next date of hearing which was set for August 19, CBI chief prosecutor Monika Kohli said.

More News

India’s greatest strength lies in its young population: LG

Labourers’ killers’ names must be revealed: Farooq Abdullah

Sharda to Sansad: LG urges scholars, teachers, artists to invest in preserving India’s civilizational heritage

Load More

Besides Pahloo, others accused in the killing of IAF personnel include JKLF chief Yasin Malik, Ali Mohammed Mir, Manzoor Ahmed Sofi alias Mustafa, Javed Ahmed Mir alias ‘Nalka’, Showkat Ahmed Bakshi and Javed Ahmed Zargar.

As the proceedings of the much publicized case started Friday, the court was informed by both sides (prosecution and defence) that one of the accused, Nanaji, was arrested by the Srinagar police on Monday and is not available. He is presently in police remand.

“A prosecution witness was present in the court but could not record his statement due to non-availability of Nanaji, who is on bail and used to appear on every date. The court was informed that according to the information, he was among some people who were arrested in Srinagar,” Kohli, who is also Senior Additional Advocate General, told reporters.

She said the court issued production warrants against Nanaji to ensure his presence on the next date of hearing on August 19.

Kohli said the court turned down the request of the prosecution witness for recording his statement because of the absence of the accused in the trial court.

Malik, who is lodged in Delhi’s Tihar jail, was present through video conference, while others were physically present.

The special TADA court has framed charges separately against the banned Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief and several others in the case as well as another case related to the abduction of Rubaiya Sayeed, daughter of former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed, by his group in 1989.

While the charges were framed against Malik and six others on March 16, 2020 in the killing of four IAF personnel on the outskirts of Srinagar in January 1990, the court has framed the charges against Malik and nine others in the 1989 abduction case of Rubaiya on January 11 last year.

Malik was arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in April 2019 in connection with a terror funding case, a month after his group was banned by the central government.

According to the CBI, the IAF personnel were fired upon by terrorists in which 40 of them, including a woman, received serious injuries and four IAF personnel were killed on the spot.

On completion of investigation, a charge-sheet was filed on August 31, 1990 against Malik and six others before the designated TADA Court at Jammu.

On July 9, the Srinagar police in a tweet said “a search was conducted on the basis of credible info about the meeting of some ex-trts (terrorists) of JKLF & erstwhile separatists in a hotel in Srinagar. They were brought to Kothibagh PS for verification. Inquiry has started, prima facie it came out that they were planning to revive JKLF and Hurriyat.”

The next day, police announced formal arrest of 10 of them including Nanji and said some more arrests are likely as the investigation in the case is in full swing.

Police have already registered a case under various sections of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and Indian Penal code at Kothibagh police station in the heart of the city.

Previous Post

2 local LeT terrorists carried out attack on non-local labourers in Shopian, say police

Next Post

Army chief discusses security issues with LG

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

India’s greatest strength lies in its young population: LG

India’s greatest strength lies in its young population: LG
August 3, 2026

Srinagar: India's greatest strength lies in its young population, with nearly 65 percent of the population below the age of...

Read moreDetails

Labourers’ killers’ names must be revealed: Farooq Abdullah

Farooq Abdullah questions Centre’s silence on situation in PoJK
August 3, 2026

Anantnag: National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Sunday demanded that the identity of the killers of two migrant labourers in...

Read moreDetails

Sharda to Sansad: LG urges scholars, teachers, artists to invest in preserving India’s civilizational heritage

Sharda to Sansad: LG urges scholars, teachers, artists to invest in preserving India’s civilizational heritage
August 3, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha Sunday highlighted how literature and scholarship illuminate the human spirit and connect different eras. Addressing...

Read moreDetails

J&K Govt approves ₹19.61 cr sewerage project for Ahmed Nagar, Pandach, adjoining areas

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
August 3, 2026

Srinagar: In a significant step towards strengthening urban infrastructure and improving public sanitation, the Government of Jammu & Kashmir has...

Read moreDetails

Jammu Railway Division earns nearly Rs 78 lakh in fines for ticketless travel in July

Locomotive of Jammu-bound train detaches from coaches in Punjab
August 3, 2026

Jammu:  The Jammu Division of Northern Railway generated about Rs 78 lakh in revenue by penalising more than 10,000 ticketless...

Read moreDetails

Land subsidence hits remote village in Poonch; several structures damaged

Land subsidence hits remote village in Poonch; several structures damaged
August 3, 2026

MENDHAR/JAMMU: At least two houses and a school building were completely damaged, and more than six other houses developed cracks...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Army chief discusses security issues with LG

Army chief discusses security issues with LG

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.