• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Fire & Emergency Services recruitment: Job aspirants allege irregularities, stage protest

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
June 11, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Fire & Emergency Services recruitment: Job aspirants allege irregularities, stage protest
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar:  Scores of youngsters who had applied for various posts in the Jammu and Kashmir Fire and Emergency Services on Saturday held a demonstration here demanding that authorities make public a report of a committee probing alleged irregularities in the recruitment process.

They assembled at the Press Enclave here with banners and placards, which read “we want justice”.

More News

SC flags low conviction in UAPA cases, says 90% trials culminate in acquittals

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas

Jailed MP Engineer Rashid’s father dies at 85

Load More

Several political parties, including the BJP, the Congress and the Aam Aadmi Party, have also been demanding the cancellation of the selection process and handing over the case to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).

It is unfortunate that even after six months, the Jammu and Kashmir administration has not made public the report of the three-member panel headed by Additional Chief Secretary (Home) R K Goyal probing the alleged irregularities, Ajaz Ahmad, one of the demonstrators said.

The committee was formed in December last year.

“We have been deliberately pushed out from the selection list,” he said and added that “we demand that the report be made public”.

“Why is the government hesitating to make the report public? We want the culprits to be punished and the (recruitment) list to be scrapped,” Ahmad said.

About 60,000 aspirants had applied for 870 posts of firemen and firemen drivers following a 2013 advertisement. As many as 14,000 were shortlisted after a physical standard test followed by a written examination by the recruitment board.

However, interviews could not be held in 2014 due to floods and the recruitment process was cancelled in 2017 on the directions of the then chief minister. The candidates approached the high court which directed the government to hold the recruitment process afresh.

In 2018, a physical test of 14,000 aspirants was conducted and 7,000 of them passed and appeared for the written examination. It was again cancelled on court directions amid allegations of irregularities and mass cheating which was substantiated by an official inquiry panel.

A fresh examination was conducted again on September 20, 2020, and the selection list was issued. The recruitment process was completed the next month despite protests by unsuccessful candidates, alleging irregularities and paper leak.

The demand for cancellation of the selection list of the Fire and Emergency Services department gained momentum after the Jammu and Kashmir administration cancelled the police sub-inspector recruitment process in July and handed over the case to the CBI.

 

Previous Post

Migrant workers too feel heat as Kashmir faces sharp rise in unemployment

Next Post

Evacuee property maintained and controlled by CEP belongs to govt: HC

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

SC flags low conviction in UAPA cases, says 90% trials culminate in acquittals

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370
May 19, 2026

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday flagged low conviction rates under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and said that...

Read moreDetails

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Monday reviewed the ongoing construction works and pilgrim facilities at Shri Amarnath Shrine Board...

Read moreDetails

Jailed MP Engineer Rashid’s father dies at 85

Out on interim bail, Engineer Rashid meets ailing father in Srinagar hospital
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: The father of jailed Baramulla MP Sheikh Abdul Rashid, also known as Engineer Rashid, died at a hospital in...

Read moreDetails

CM expresses grief over demise of father of MP, MLA Khursheed Ahmad

CM assures priority redressal of public concerns
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has expressed deep grief and sorrow over the passing away of Khazir Mohammad Sheikh, father...

Read moreDetails

Person cannot be declared “history-sheeter”, placed under surveillance ‘mechanically’ HC

PM Modi inaugurating incomplete projects for votes: JKPCC
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: The High Court of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh has ruled that a person cannot be declared a “history-sheeter”...

Read moreDetails

Have urged chief justices of all HCs to conduct virtual hearings: CJI

‘Imaandari’ not mere ornament to character, it sustains justice and reputation: CJI
May 19, 2026

New Delhi: Chief Justice of India Surya Kant said on Monday that he had requested the chief justices of all...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
PIL seeks HC intervention for establishing daycare centres, old-age homes for elderly

Evacuee property maintained and controlled by CEP belongs to govt: HC

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.