Images News Netwok

One dies of electrocution, three injured in Anantnag

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Youth injured by electric shock while installing CCTV for Army in Sopore; family alleges Army negligence; Police registers FIR

Pahalgam/Sopore: One person died of electrocution while as three others, including two women, were injured after they came in contact with high-tension line in Lidroo area of Pahalgam in south Kashmir’s Anantnag on Sunday.

An official told KNO that four people got injured due to electrocution after they came in contact with transmission line in Lidroo.

He said they were shifted to a nearby hospital for treatment and from there referred to GMC Anantnag.

They have been identified as Mehraj-U-Din Reshi son of Gull Mohammad from Veer Siran, Nayeem Ahmad Bhat son of Sajad Ahmad Bhat, Naseema Bano wife of Nayeem Ahmad Bhat and Mubeena Akhtar wife of Sajad Ahmad Bhat—all residents of Lidroo.

One among the injured, identified as Mehraj-Ud-Din Reshi, son of Gull Mohammad Reshi of Veer Siran, succumbed to his injuries, said the official.

Meanwhile, a 26-year-old youth was critically injured due to electrocution while installing CCTV cameras for a local army unit in Sopore area of north Kashmir’s Baramulla district on Sunday even as family of the youth alleged negligence on part of the Army. Police have filed an FIR in this regard, while further investigation is going on.

Family members of the youth identified as Danish Khazir son of Khazir Mohammad Bhat of Badam Bagh Sopore told the news agency KNO that he was called by Army to install CCTV cameras at nearby Army camp in Sopore town today afternoon.

They said that Danish was working in a nearby complex outside the Army camp located near GDC Sopore and in the meanwhile some Army personnel from the camp came to him and took him away to install CCTV cameras for them near crossing.

He got electrocuted while installing CCTV there as Army had not snapped electric supply, the family members alleged.

Following the incident, the family members and locals held a protest demonstration demanding action against the Army personnel.

They alleged that as Danish got electrocuted, army personnel accompanying him left him there and fled from the spot.

Soon after the incident, Danish was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, where from he has been referred to Srinagar in a critical condition.

Meanwhile, Senior Superintendent of Police Sopore, Shabir Nawab, while confirming the incident, told KNO that the youth is critically injured and has been taken to Srinagar hospital.

He said FIR has been registered in this regard and further investigation is going on.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *