• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

CBI asks ex-J&K Guv Satya Pal Malik to answer queries related to insurance ‘scam’

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
April 22, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Stay calm, don’t believe rumours: GUV to people
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The CBI has asked former Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik to answer certain queries in connection with an alleged insurance scam in the Union Territory, officials said on Friday.

This is the second time in seven months that Malik, who completed his terms as the Governor of various states, will be questioned by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). He was questioned in October last year after he concluded his gubernatorial responsibilities in Bihar, Jammu and Kashmir, Goa and finally, Meghalaya.

More News

India’s greatest strength lies in its young population: LG

Labourers’ killers’ names must be revealed: Farooq Abdullah

Sharda to Sansad: LG urges scholars, teachers, artists to invest in preserving India’s civilizational heritage

Load More

The CBI move comes barely a week after Malik’s interview to “The Wire”, in which he made critical remarks about the BJP-led Centre, especially regarding its handling of Jammu and Kashmir where he served as the last governor before the erstwhile state was bifurcated into Union territories.

Reacting to the development, Malik told PTI that the CBI has asked for his presence at the agency’s Akbar Road guesthouse here for “certain clarifications”.

“They want certain clarifications for which they want my presence. I am going to Rajasthan, so I have given them dates from April 27 to 29 when I am available,” he said.

The CBI registered two FIRs in connection with corruption allegations levelled by Malik in the awarding of contracts for a group medical insurance scheme for government employees and civil work worth Rs 2,200 crore related to the Kiru hydroelectric power project in Jammu and Kashmir.

Malik had claimed that he was offered Rs 300-crore bribe for clearing two files during his tenure as the Jammu and Kashmir governor between August 23, 2018 and October 30, 2019.

The agency has booked Reliance General Insurance and Trinity Re-Insurance Brokers Limited as accused in its FIR related to a controversial health insurance scheme for Jammu and Kashmir government employees reportedly cleared by Malik at a State Administrative Council meeting held on August 31, 2018. The scheme was scrapped subsequently.

“… unknown officials of the finance department of the government of Jammu and Kashmir, by abusing their official positions in a conspiracy and connivance with Trinity Reinsurance Brokers Limited, Reliance General Insurance Company Limited and other unknown public servants and private persons, have committed the offences of criminal conspiracy and criminal misconduct,” one of the FIRs alleges.

They caused “pecuniary advantage to themselves and wrongful loss to the state exchequer during the period 2017 and 2018 and thereby, in this manner, cheated the government of Jammu and Kashmir,” it further alleges.

In the second FIR pertaining to alleged malpractices in the awarding of contracts for the civil work package of the Kiru hydroelectric power project, the CBI has alleged that the guidelines related to e-tendering were not followed.

“The case was registered on allegations of malpractices in the award of the contract worth Rs 2,200 crore (approximately) of civil works of the Kiru Hydro Electric Power Project (HEP) to a private company in the year 2019,” it has said.

The agency has booked senior Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Navin Kumar Chaudhary, former chairman of Chenab Valley Power Projects (Private) Limited, M S Babu, former managing director, M K Mittal and Arun Kumar Mishra, former directors, and Patel Engineering Limited.

“Though a decision was taken in the 47th board meeting of CVPPL (Chenab Valley Power Projects Limited) for re-tender through e-tendering with the reverse auction after the cancellation of the ongoing tendering process, the same was not implemented (as per the decision taken in the 48th board meeting) and the tender was finally awarded to Patel Engineering Limited,” the FIR alleges.

 

Previous Post

There’s been a mistake somewhere: Farooq Abdullah on Poonch attack

Next Post

Moon sighted, Eid to be celebrated across India today

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

India’s greatest strength lies in its young population: LG

India’s greatest strength lies in its young population: LG
August 3, 2026

Srinagar: India's greatest strength lies in its young population, with nearly 65 percent of the population below the age of...

Read moreDetails

Labourers’ killers’ names must be revealed: Farooq Abdullah

Farooq Abdullah questions Centre’s silence on situation in PoJK
August 3, 2026

Anantnag: National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Sunday demanded that the identity of the killers of two migrant labourers in...

Read moreDetails

Sharda to Sansad: LG urges scholars, teachers, artists to invest in preserving India’s civilizational heritage

Sharda to Sansad: LG urges scholars, teachers, artists to invest in preserving India’s civilizational heritage
August 3, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha Sunday highlighted how literature and scholarship illuminate the human spirit and connect different eras. Addressing...

Read moreDetails

J&K Govt approves ₹19.61 cr sewerage project for Ahmed Nagar, Pandach, adjoining areas

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
August 3, 2026

Srinagar: In a significant step towards strengthening urban infrastructure and improving public sanitation, the Government of Jammu & Kashmir has...

Read moreDetails

Jammu Railway Division earns nearly Rs 78 lakh in fines for ticketless travel in July

Locomotive of Jammu-bound train detaches from coaches in Punjab
August 3, 2026

Jammu:  The Jammu Division of Northern Railway generated about Rs 78 lakh in revenue by penalising more than 10,000 ticketless...

Read moreDetails

Land subsidence hits remote village in Poonch; several structures damaged

Land subsidence hits remote village in Poonch; several structures damaged
August 3, 2026

MENDHAR/JAMMU: At least two houses and a school building were completely damaged, and more than six other houses developed cracks...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
The Hilal Committee paradox

Moon sighted, Eid to be celebrated across India today

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.