Two linemen electrocuted in Bandipora receiving station, hospitalized
Bandipora: Two linemen of Kashmir Power Distribution Corporation Limited (KPDCL) were critically injured on Sunday late evening after they received an electric shock at Panzigam receiving station in north Kashmir’s Bandipora district.
An official told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) that the duo was critically injured after they were electrocuted while repairing the high voltage electricity line at the receiving station.
“The injured were rushed to the District Hospital Bandipora for treatment,” the official said.
A senior doctor present at the hospital said that the duo was brought with burn injuries and after initial treatment, they were shifted to the Srinagar hospital for further treatment.
The doctor identified them as Farooq Ahmad of Malangam and Ashiq Hussain of Qazipora. “Their condition is stable,” he said.
Meanwhile, following the incident, the electricity in the entire area was snapped when this report was being filed—(KNO)
Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.