• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 2, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Reserved Category employees suspend strike

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 18, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Reserved Category employees suspend strike
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jammu: Reserved Category employees who fled Kashmir following last year’s targeted killings of their colleagues announced on Friday the suspension of their 290-day strike seeking relocation away from the Valley.

Reserved Category Employees’ Association leader Kuldeep Kumar said the decision to suspend the strike was taken after a 10-member coordination committee held several rounds of talks with the Lt Governor-led administration over the past two weeks.

More News

  Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers

CM announces Rs 10 lakh each for kin of victims

3 special trains ferry 2,200 stranded passengers

Load More

The decision to suspend the agitation comes a fortnight after Kashmiri Pandits employed in the Valley under the Prime Minister’s package also announced the suspension of their 310-day agitation. A majority of them have already resumed their duties in Kashmir.

Hundreds of Reserved Category employees who hail from Jammu and migrant Kashmiri Pandit employees in the Valley fled to the Union Territory’s winter capital last May following the killing of Rajini Bala and Rahul Bhat by terrorists.

While Bhat was shot dead in his office in central Kashmir’s Budgam on May 12, schoolteacher Bala was gunned down in south Kashmir’s Kulgam on May 31.

“Most of the 3,500 Reserved Category employees have already served in the Valley for over 15 years and we want the government to come out with a transfer policy, along with addressing our security concerns and appropriate accommodation,” Kumar said.

He said the organisation decided to suspend the agitation for the time being on the assurance of the administration that all their issues would be addressed in a time-bound manner.

“The talks with the administration are going on and we are hopeful of a positive outcome. The next course of action depends on the outcome of the dialogue,” he said.

 

Previous Post

Artists, intellectuals from Pandit, Muslim community share stage at Jammu event

Next Post

H3N2 not serious infection; it can be treated by any doctor anywhere: DHSK

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

  Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers

   Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Security forces on Saturday intensified search operations to track down the assailants who killed two migrant labourers in Kulgam...

Read moreDetails

CM announces Rs 10 lakh each for kin of victims

CM calls for depiction of cultural identity in new infrastructure at JK House properties across India
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday announced an ex-gratia relief of Rs 10 lakh each for the kin of...

Read moreDetails

3 special trains ferry 2,200 stranded passengers

Locomotive of Jammu-bound train detaches from coaches in Punjab
August 2, 2026

Jammu: The Northern Railway operated three special trains in J&K on Saturday and successfully transported around 2,200 passengers stranded due...

Read moreDetails

Condemning Kulgam terror attack, Farooq Abdullah questions timing of attack; seeks probe

Farooq Abdullah questions Centre’s silence on situation in PoJK
August 2, 2026

Jammu/Srinagar: National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Saturday condemned the Kulgam terror attack that left two migrant workers dead but...

Read moreDetails

LG hands over job letters to kin of two slain policemen

LG hands over job letters to kin of two slain policemen
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Saturday handed over appointment letters on compassionate grounds to the son of a head...

Read moreDetails

No society prospers on govt jobs alone: CM

Following KI report on Srinagar Smart City fiasco, CM announces inquiry
August 2, 2026

Bengaluru:  Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said no society had ever become prosperous solely through government employment or public...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
H3N2 not serious infection; it can be treated by any doctor anywhere: DHSK

H3N2 not serious infection; it can be treated by any doctor anywhere: DHSK

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.