• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Eyewitness identifies JKLF chief Yasin Malik as he appears before court in Rubaiya Sayeed kidnapping case via video-conferencing

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 25, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Court frames charges against Yasin Malik, 6 others in 1990 killing of IAF personnel
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jammu: Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF) chief Yasin Malik appeared via video-conferencing before a special court here on Friday and an eyewitness identified him in the 1989 kidnapping of Rubaiya Sayeed, the daughter of the then Union home minister Mufti Mohammad Sayeed.

The eyewitness corroborated that he had gone to Sopore in Baramulla district of north Kashmir at the time of the kidnapping of Rubaiya Sayeed and identified the place and persons connected with it, the prosecution said, terming it a major success for their side.

More News

Developed India@2047 not just slogan but commitment to future generations: LG Sinha

CM accuses BJP MP from J&K for spending CDF in UP

Decision on J&K statehood soon: Arjun Meghwal

Load More

Malik, who is lodged in Delhi’s Tihar Jail serving a jail term in a “terror financing” case, was not produced in the court physically due to a Ministry of Home Affairs order restricting his movement.

“Today, there was a case of Yasin Malik with the special judge of TADA court with regard to Rubaiya Sayeed kidnapping case. We had summoned two eyewitnesses — number 7 and number 13. The eyewitness number 13 was present in the court and the eyewitness number 7 could not attend due to health reasons,” senior public prosecutor S K Bhat told reporters.

The statement of the eyewitness (13) was recorded and Malik was present during the examination through virtual mode, he said, adding the other accused in the case were also present in the court.

The eyewitness, who identified Malik through virtual mode, also identified another accused Mohammad Zaman in the open court, Bhat added.

He said the eyewitness admitted that he had gone to Sopore, along with another eyewitness, a day after the kidnapping of Rubaiya Sayeed.

“As per his statement, he met two accused in Khan guest house there and he identified both the accused, which is a major achievement for the prosecution,” he said.

Of the two accused, Ali Mohammad Mir who is the prime accused in the kidnapping case after Malik, had taken Rubaiya Sayeed in his vehicle to Sopore from Srinagar and kept her in the Khan guest house, Bhat said.

When the eyewitnesses returned to Srinagar, Mir gave them their vehicle and the vehicle of the eyewitnesses was kept in Sopore, he said.

The eyewitness (13) identified the places and the accused twice in the court, Bhat said.

The court has directed the prosecution to produce the two witnesses in the case on the next date of hearing on March 31.

On Friday, Rubaiya did not appear for the hearing as her exemption application had earlier been approved by the court.

During the last hearing on July 15, Rubaiya had identified five accused, including Malik.

Rubaiya was abducted from near Lalla Ded Hospital in Srinagar on December 08, 1989. She was freed five days later after the then V P Singh government, supported by the BJP, at the Centre released five terrorists in exchange.

Now living in Tamil Nadu, Rubaiya is listed as a prosecution witness by the CBI, which took over the case in early 1990.

Malik, 56, is lodged in Tihar Jail after he was sentenced by a special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in May last year. He was arrested in early 2019 in connection with the 2017 “terror financing” case registered by the NIA.

Malik had observed a 10-day hunger strike in July last year after the Centre did not respond to his plea to physically appear in the Jammu court hearing the abduction case.

 

Previous Post

Two narcotic smugglers arrested in Kupwara; 4.5 kg heroin-like substance recovered: Police

Next Post

Govt attaches property of man ‘involved in terrorist activities’

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Developed India@2047 not just slogan but commitment to future generations: LG Sinha

Developed India@2047 not just slogan but commitment to future generations: LG Sinha
February 18, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Tuesday called for transforming the educational campuses to realise the vision of Developed India@2047....

Read moreDetails

CM accuses BJP MP from J&K for spending CDF in UP

NC only party taking BJP head on: CM Omar
February 18, 2026

Srinagar, Feb 17: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday alleged that a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Member of Parliament from...

Read moreDetails

Decision on J&K statehood soon: Arjun Meghwal

New Criminal Laws will take effect from July 1: Union Law Minister Meghwal
February 18, 2026

Srinagar:  Union Minister for Law and Justice Arjun Meghwal on Tuesday said statehood to Jammu and Kashmir would be restored...

Read moreDetails

J&K records Rs 24,080.79 cr GST collection in three years, gets Rs 15,795.13 cr IGST share: CM

CM Abdullah introduces Jan Vishwas, anti-discrimination bills in J-K Assembly
February 18, 2026

Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir recorded a steady rise in GST collections, with total revenue amounting to Rs 24,080.79 crore over...

Read moreDetails

CM calls for strengthening Tele-law service to ensure timely justice, reduce court pendency

CM calls for strengthening Tele-law service to ensure timely justice, reduce court pendency
February 18, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Tuesday underscored the vital role of the Tele-law initiative in expanding access to justice and...

Read moreDetails

J&K’s 24 PSUs loss-making, four non-functional: Assembly told

Baba Reshi–Gulmarg Road DPR prepared; govt reiterates commitment to robust road connectivity: Deputy CM
February 18, 2026

Jammu: Out of the 44 public sector undertakings in Jammu and Kashmir, 24 are making losses and four are non-functional,...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Govt attaches property of man ‘involved in terrorist activities’

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.