• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Babar Azam, Shahid Afridi moved to safety after explosion near stadium in Quetta

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 5, 2023
in SPORTS
A A
0
Babar Azam, Shahid Afridi moved to safety after explosion near stadium in Quetta
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Quetta: Top Pakistani cricketers, including captain Babar Azam and Shahid Afridi, among others, were taken to the safety of the dressing room after a terror attack a few miles down the road where they were playing on Sunday.

An exhibition match of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) at the Nawab Akbar Bugti Stadium was halted for some time following an explosion in the Police Lines area, which left five people injured.

More News

Bumrah ruled out of Sri Lanka Test series, Auqib Nabi set to be drafted in

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports

Cabinet approves revamped Khelo India scheme with ₹36,441 crore outlay till 2031

Load More

A senior police officer said that rescue work had been completed at the site and the injured had been taken to hospital.

The outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed responsibility for the attack in a statement on Sunday. It stated that the security officials were targeted in the blast.

The exhibition match between PSL sides Quetta Gladiators and Peshawar Zalmi was organised by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) after pressure from Baloch fans that Quetta also get the status of a PSL venue.

“As soon as the explosion happened, as a precautionary measure, the match was stopped and players taken to the dressing room for a while. Later, after the green signal, the match resumed,” the police official said.

The ground was packed for the match.

Sports activity in Quetta, the capital of the restive Balochistan province, has come to a standstill for the last several years due to fragile security situation and the constant threat of terror attacks.

It is not clear what was the nature of the explosion.

The TTP has stepped up terror attacks in recent days. Last week, 80 people were killed and scores injured in a suicide attack in the police lines in Peshawar.

 

 

Previous Post

Pakistan’s ex-military ruler Pervez Musharraf dies in Dubai

Next Post

Blessed to wear India jersey again after knee injury: Jadeja

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Bumrah ruled out of Sri Lanka Test series, Auqib Nabi set to be drafted in

Bumrah picks up fifer but England draw parity with India by making 465 all out
August 3, 2026

New Delhi: Premier pacer Jasprit Bumrah is set to miss India's two-Test tour of Sri Lanka as he is yet...

Read moreDetails

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports

Speaker inaugurates cricket tournament in Budgam, calls on youth to take up sports
August 3, 2026

Budgam: Speaker of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly on Sunday inaugurated a local cricket tournament at Tujan in Budgam...

Read moreDetails

Cabinet approves revamped Khelo India scheme with ₹36,441 crore outlay till 2031

Khelo India initiative: Block Level competitions to start from Sept 1 at Poonch
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The Union Cabinet on Friday approved a revamped Khelo India Scheme and an enhanced Assistance to National Sports...

Read moreDetails

Rana calls for revival of willow cultivation to support Kashmir’s cricket bat industry

Govt committed to preserving Kashmir’s houseboat heritage: Javed Rana
August 1, 2026

Srinagar: Minister for Jal Shakti, Forest, Ecology and Environment, and Tribal Affairs, Javed Ahmed Rana, on Friday directed the concerned...

Read moreDetails

J&K Sports Council begins junior football trials for national championship

August 1, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Sports Council on Friday began open selection trials for the Union Territory's Junior Boys Football...

Read moreDetails

Against all odds, Kashmir’s Majid Magray set to lead India at Lord’s

J&K’s Majid Magray to lead India in mixed disability T20I series against England
July 31, 2026

For most cricketers, the road to the national team is measured in runs, wickets and performances. For Majid Magray, it...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Boxing Day Test crucial in deciding fate of the series against India: Joe Burns

Blessed to wear India jersey again after knee injury: Jadeja

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.