• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Pakistan-sponsored elements targeting innocents to disturb communal harmony in J&K: DGP

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
February 4, 2023
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Pakistan-sponsored elements targeting innocents to disturb communal harmony in J&K: DGP
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Rajouri/Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Police chief Dilbag Singh on Friday said Pakistan through its sponsored elements is targeting innocent people to disturb the brotherhood and communal harmony prevailing in the Union territory, and issued directions for taking stringent actions against terrorists and the terror ecosystem.

He said the safety of the public has been and will continue to be the top priority of the Jammu and Kashmir Police.

More News

SC flags low conviction in UAPA cases, says 90% trials culminate in acquittals

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas

Jailed MP Engineer Rashid’s father dies at 85

Load More

“We have to be more cautious and alert to avoid any harm to the public order,” the director general of police (DGP) said, chairing a high-level meeting to review the security scenario in the border district of Rajouri.

Accompanied by Special Director General CID R R Swain and Additional Director General of Police of Jammu Zone Mukesh Singh, the police chief visited Rajouri where terrorists killed seven villagers and injured 14 others in an attack in Dhangri village early last month.

He asked the officers to put in sincere efforts for tracking down the elements involved in the Dhangri case and ensure justice to the victims.

“Pakistan through its sponsored elements is targeting innocent people to harm the brotherhood and communal harmony of the Union territory,” Singh said, issuing directions for alertness on borders as also in the hinterland to foil evil intentions of Pakistan and its agencies.

The DGP directed for increasing anti-terror operations to track down hiding terrorists and their modules.

He stressed on identifying over ground workers and accomplices providing any sort of support for terror activities and directed for stringent action against each and every individual involved in anti-national activities.

He also directed for strengthening the security grids by activating checking points on different routes to track the movements of terrorists and their supporters.

The DGP also stressed for devising and executing a proper area domination plan.

“Pakistan, after witnessing a massive dent on its sponsored terrorism in J&K, is now supplying drugs to target the younger generation of Jammu and Kashmir,” he said, adding like terrorism there must be zero tolerance for narcotics and narco-terror trade as both are equally dangerous for the people.

He stressed on utilizing village defence guards more efficiently, adding that their training and weapon handling should be inspected by jurisdictional station house officers.

The police chief once again directed for taking serious note of any kind of misconduct with the general public brought into their notice by any means.

He has directed the officers to sensitize and advise their subordinate officers/officials to be fair in their conduct, adding that any act of misconduct must be seen with utmost seriousness.

The officers present in the meeting apprised the DGP regarding the progress of investigation in the Dhangri terror attack.

He was also briefed regarding the measures being put in place to ensure peace in the area as well as vigilance, a police spokesman said.

Previous Post

Over 73 hectares of encroached land retrieved in Jammu division

Next Post

HC dismisses petitions challenging ‘order’ that withdrew provisional select list of ReK for Kupwara

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

SC flags low conviction in UAPA cases, says 90% trials culminate in acquittals

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370
May 19, 2026

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday flagged low conviction rates under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and said that...

Read moreDetails

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas

LG Sinha reviews construction work at Pantha chowk Yatri Niwas
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Monday reviewed the ongoing construction works and pilgrim facilities at Shri Amarnath Shrine Board...

Read moreDetails

Jailed MP Engineer Rashid’s father dies at 85

Out on interim bail, Engineer Rashid meets ailing father in Srinagar hospital
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: The father of jailed Baramulla MP Sheikh Abdul Rashid, also known as Engineer Rashid, died at a hospital in...

Read moreDetails

CM expresses grief over demise of father of MP, MLA Khursheed Ahmad

CM assures priority redressal of public concerns
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has expressed deep grief and sorrow over the passing away of Khazir Mohammad Sheikh, father...

Read moreDetails

Person cannot be declared “history-sheeter”, placed under surveillance ‘mechanically’ HC

PM Modi inaugurating incomplete projects for votes: JKPCC
May 19, 2026

Srinagar: The High Court of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh has ruled that a person cannot be declared a “history-sheeter”...

Read moreDetails

Have urged chief justices of all HCs to conduct virtual hearings: CJI

‘Imaandari’ not mere ornament to character, it sustains justice and reputation: CJI
May 19, 2026

New Delhi: Chief Justice of India Surya Kant said on Monday that he had requested the chief justices of all...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
PIL seeks HC intervention for establishing daycare centres, old-age homes for elderly

HC dismisses petitions challenging ‘order’ that withdrew provisional select list of ReK for Kupwara

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.