• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, May 22, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Caste-based head count  begins in Bihar; Tejashwi terms it ‘historic step’

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
January 7, 2023
in NATION
A A
0
NDA will not be able to open its account in LS polls in Bihar: Tejashwi
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

 

Patna: Terming the caste-based head count that began in Bihar on Saturday as a “historic step”, Deputy Chief Minister Tejashwi Yadav said the exercise will provide scientific data for carrying out welfare schemes for weaker sections of the society.

More News

Cong’s patronage to infiltrators is ‘gaddari’: Piyush Goyal hits back at Rahul’s ‘traitors’ remark

India abstains on UNGA resolution on ICJ climate opinion

India-Africa Forum summit postponed

Load More

Noting that all the parties of the ruling ‘Mahagathbandhan’ were in favour of the exercise, the RJD leader claimed that the BJP was “critical” about the survey.

“The enumeration exercise began in Bihar from today. It is a historic step taken by the ‘Mahagathbandhan’ government in the state. Once the exercise is completed, it will provide scientific data to the state government for carrying out developmental work for people, including those who are deprived,” Yadav said, while speaking to media persons here.

He also said, “The BJP is an anti-poor party which always opposed this exercise and has always been critical about the caste-based head count.”

Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had on Friday said that the caste-based enumeration exercise could be beneficial for all.

The caste-based head count process has been a major issue in Bihar, as Kumar’s JD(U) and all constituents of the ruling ‘Mahagathbandhan’ were demanding that the exercise be undertaken at the earliest.

The state government embarked on the exercise in the wake of the Centre expressing its inability to undertake a caste-based enumeration other than SCs and STs.

The exercise will be conducted in two phases across Bihar, an official said.

“All households will be covered in the first phase, which will continue till January 21. In the second one which will start in March, data on people, belonging to all castes, sub-castes and religions, will be collected.

“Enumerators will gather information about the financial status of all people,” Patna District Magistrate Chandrashekhar Singh told PTI.

Earlier in the day, he inspected the ongoing exercise being conducted by the state government employees in the Bank road area in Patna.

“The exercise is being conducted in all 12,696 blocks in Patna district,” he said.

The caste-based survey will be completed by May in 2023, and the state government will spend Rs 500 crore from its contingency fund for the exercise.

The general administration department is the nodal authority for the survey.

Previous Post

Two-week judicial remand for man accused of urinating on co-passenger on AI flight

Next Post

Lot of noise, nothing on ground: BJP cites ‘outcome budget’ to slam Kejriwal

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Cong’s patronage to infiltrators is ‘gaddari’: Piyush Goyal hits back at Rahul’s ‘traitors’ remark

Govt to expedite filling top vacancies in public banks: Goyal
May 21, 2026

New Delhi: Union minister Piyush Goyal on Thursday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi's five-nation tour has yielded "concrete outcomes" for...

Read moreDetails

India abstains on UNGA resolution on ICJ climate opinion

UNGA adopts by consensus resolution introduced by India to establish memorial wall to honour fallen peacekeepers
May 21, 2026

United Nations: India abstained from voting on a UN General Assembly resolution calling on countries to comply with their obligations...

Read moreDetails

India-Africa Forum summit postponed

KU postpones all exams scheduled on April 2,  suspend classwork
May 21, 2026

  New Delhi, May 21 (PTI) India and the African Union have decided to postpone the India-Africa Forum summit, scheduled...

Read moreDetails

Modi making reels in Italy, while our youth tormented by paper leaks: Rahul Gandhi

May 21, 2026

New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Thursday attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi over the NEET-UG paper leak and said...

Read moreDetails

India and Italy agree to elevate ties to special strategic partnership

India and Italy agree to elevate ties to special strategic partnership
May 20, 2026

Rome:  India and Italy on Tuesday decided to elevate their ties to special strategic partnership and enhance cooperation in areas...

Read moreDetails

NEET paper leak: Court sends 5 accused to judicial custody, extends CBI custody of Khairnar

City court convicts 2 persons in acid attack case
May 20, 2026

New Delhi:  A Delhi court on Wednesday sent five accused in the NEET paper leak case to judicial custody till...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Both Congress and Pak want Modi removed from Indian politics: BJP

Lot of noise, nothing on ground: BJP cites 'outcome budget' to slam Kejriwal

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.