You can write anything here.
Today: Jun 14, 2024

Job fair held in Srinagar 

1 min read

Srinagar: To facilitate educated youth of the valley with employment opportunities, a mega job fair was inaugurated at Indoor Stadium, Pologround here on Thursday.

Hundreds of youth from the length and breadth of the Valley thronged the venue to get enrolled in the first-ever job fair in which 25 prominent local and national companies participated.

Raman Kakar, one of the organizers on the occasion, told ‘Kashmir Images’ that the event was organized to ensure the placement of youth somewhere in mainland India or in Kashmir.

He said the organizers were able to mobilize around 3000 odd students who are either pursuing education on government scholarships with the help of the Army in various states of the country.

Kakar said they also provide higher education and vocational training skills to the Kashmiri students.

“We have about 30 centers at the moment and we tend to extend them further, this is our first-ever initiative here. We have 500 to 600 jobs for which 1500 students have registered so far,” he added.

He said 20 percent of companies providing jobs to the youth are from Jammu and Kashmir while the remaining of 80 percent are from outside J&K.

“Let’s hope those who are here get a job, or she/he knows exactly what the industry wants from them. Presently we have 25 companies here in which 20 percent are local and 80 percent from outside. Some 500 to 600 jobs are on offer; and for those who don’t get a job here, we have government schemes for their entrepreneurship,” Kakar said. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.