• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Babri demolition anniversary: Little extra security, but just another day in Ayodhya

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
December 6, 2022
in NATION
A A
0
Babri Masjid demolition case: SC asks Special judge to deliver verdict in 9 months
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Ayodhya (UP):  It was business as usual in the pilgrim city on Tuesday, the day that marked the 30th anniversary of the Babri mosque demolition.

In a break from the curfew-like situation on some past occasions, life remained normal in the city with schools, colleges, offices and public institutions remaining open. Police, however, remain on alert.

More News

India joins over 100 countries in condemning Israel’s ‘unilateral’ decisions in West Bank

India likely to join US-led strategic alliance ‘Pax Silica’ on Friday

‘Sheer hypocrisy’: Cong slams govt for joining ‘late’ countries condemning Israel’s West Bank action

Load More

Like any other day, local people were seen queuing at the Ram temple complex for a ‘darshan’ while traffic remained heavy during morning rush hour.

Unlike in the past, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad is not celebrating any “Shaurya Diwas” (bravery day) and there are no plans by the Muslim community to observe a Black Day .

With the Supreme Court judgement in 2019 ending the Ram Janmabhoomi land dispute, people from both the communities appear to be yearning for peace.

In past years, Ayodhya used to be turned into a fortress ahead of the Babri mosque demolition anniversary. Not this time, though.

Senior Superintendent of Police, Ayodhya, Muniraj G said “routine arrangements” have been made in the city as precautionary measures.

“We are also continuously monitoring social media platforms, while hotels are also being checked,” Muniraj G, who was recently appointed as the SSP of Ayohdya, tol reporters.

“All vehicles coming into Ayodhya are being thoroughly checked. Nothing unusual has been reported so far, however, we are keeping a strict vigil,” the SSP, who inspecte the city markets on Monday night, said.

VHP spokesperson Sharad Sharma told PTI on Tuesday that no event is lined up for the day on the occasion.

Sharma had earlier said events organised to mark December 6 were toned down after the Supreme Court decision “in favour of the Hindu side”.

“The ‘Shaurya Diwas’ which used to be celebrated on December 6, it has been called off completely as our main ‘sankalp’ (vow) was fulfilled. And after that, all we wanted was a peaceful environment.

“So it was unanimously decided that no event that triggers any tension or hurts anyone should be organised”, he has said.

He said the organisation didn’t want to do anything that damages trust and communal harmony”.

However, many Muslims still feel that families of those killed in the aftermath of the Babri demolition are yet to get justice.

In two mosques of the city, recitation of the Quran was held after early morning prayers peacefully in small gatherings on Tuesday.

Babri petitioner Haji Mehboob said, “We organised Quran Khani (recitation of Quran) in remembrance of those who lost their lives in Ayodhya after demolition of Babri Mosque. No other programmes have been planned.”

Another petitioner, Iqbal Ansari said,”After the Supreme Court judgment, Muslims have forgotten everything. Ayodhya is dharam ki nagri (City of Dharma)… we have left behind what happened 30 years ago and are now talking of development.”

Three decades after the demolition of the Babri mosque, people in the city seem to have moved on and appear to be treating its anniversary on Tuesday almost like any other day.

Previous Post

Nobody should go to sleep empty stomach, govt’s duty to ensure foodgrains reach the last man: SC

Next Post

Saket Gokhale made no mistake: Mamata

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

India joins over 100 countries in condemning Israel’s ‘unilateral’ decisions in West Bank

India joins over 100 countries in condemning Israel’s ‘unilateral’ decisions in West Bank
February 19, 2026

United Nations: India has joined over 100 countries and global organisations in condemning Israel's "unilateral" decisions and measures aimed at...

Read moreDetails

India likely to join US-led strategic alliance ‘Pax Silica’ on Friday

Defence deals boost India-US ties, new era in relations, say experts
February 19, 2026

New Delhi: India is likely to formally join a US-led strategic alliance, known as 'Pax Silica', which is aimed at...

Read moreDetails

‘Sheer hypocrisy’: Cong slams govt for joining ‘late’ countries condemning Israel’s West Bank action

8 oppn-ruled states demand mechanism to ensure GST rate cut benefits get passed on to consumers
February 19, 2026

New Delhi: The Congress on Thursday took a swipe at the government over India reportedly joining "late" the list of...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi meets president of Spain, PM of Finland; says India-EU FTA ushers in golden era

PM Modi meets president of Spain, PM of Finland; says India-EU FTA ushers in golden era
February 19, 2026

New Delhi:  Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday held separate meetings with President of Spain Pedro Sanchez and Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

Stones pelted, tear gas shells fired as farmers’ protest in Bathinda turns violent

Stones pelted, tear gas shells fired as farmers’ protest in Bathinda turns violent
February 19, 2026

Bathinda/Patiala:  Police on Wednesday lobbed tear gas shells to control a group of farmers after they allegedly pelted stones at...

Read moreDetails

TMC set to win 4 Rajya Sabha seats in Bengal, BJP 1; Left to lose representation

Saloora, Wani join PDP along with hundreds of supporters
February 19, 2026

Kolkata:  With numbers firmly stacked in its favour, the ruling TMC is set to win four of the five Rajya...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Kolkata Police-CBI face-off: Mamata’s sit-in continues

Saket Gokhale made no mistake: Mamata

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.