Punjab resident dies of suffocation due to gas leak in Sopore, another hospitalised
Srinagar: A non-local person died and another was hospitalised apparently due to ‘asphyxiation caused by gas leak’ in Sopore in North Kashmir’s Baramulla district this morning, officials said.
They told GNS that two persons were found lying in an unconscious condition in a vehicle (PB0A6AU 2925) at Fruit Mandi Sopore. The duo, they said, was immediately evacuated to SDH Sopore, where the doctors declared one of them as brought dead on arrival.
The official identified the deceased as Ashwani Kumar, and another under treatment person as Rakesh Kumar son of Amarnath – both residents of Gurdaspur Punjab.
Confirming it a police official told GNS that a case has been registered in this regard. “Prima facie the incident seems to be caused by asphyxiation due to gas leakage but further investigations are underway”, the official said. (GNS)
Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.