• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home BUSINESS

SKM alleges breach of assurance by Centre, to hold marches to Governors’ houses on Nov 26

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
November 17, 2022
in BUSINESS
A A
0
Consensus on govt’s fresh proposal, meeting tomorrow to take decision on ending protest: SKM
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The Samyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM) will hold marches to Raj Bhavan across the country on November 26, alleging a breach of assurance by the Centre on farmers’ pending demands, the organisation announced on Thursday.

The SKM, a body of farmers’ unions that spearheaded the agitation against the new agri laws later repealed by the Centre, has called a meeting on December 8 to decide the future course of the movement.

More News

India approves just 1 Chinese FDI proposal worth Rs 1 cr, 13 Hong Kong proposals worth Rs 610.42 cr

Petrol, diesel sales soar on weak monsoon rains, LPG demand shifts to piped gas

PM Modi inaugurates Bhogapuram Airport, says Andhra poised to become manufacturing hub

Load More

The farmers will also celebrate November 19 as “Fateh Diwas” or “Victory Day” as the Centre had ordered the repeal of the new farm laws following their agitation.

“Marches to offices of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha MPs of all political parties will be held from December 1 to 11,” SKM leader Darshan Pal said at a press conference here. The decisions were taken during the SKM’s National Council meeting on November 14.

The press conference was also attended by other farm leaders including Hannan Mollah, Yudhvir Singh, Avik Saha and Ashok Dhawale. The leaders condemned the Modi government for “betraying the farmers” by not implementing the written assurances made on December 9 last year on legally guaranteed Minimum Support Price (MSP), and withdrawal of the Electricity Bill among others, though almost one year has now passed.

“The meeting resolved to advise all constituent organisations to be prepared to further intensify the struggle across the country,” Hannan Mollah said.

“The SKM appealed to all farmers to prepare for and join continuous and committed countrywide struggles till all demands including ‘Karza Mukti – Poora Daam’ _ ‘Freedom from Indebtedness and Full Remunerative Price’- are fulfilled by the government,” he added.

The SKM leaders also condemned the BJP-led Modi government’s “hurried” attempt to clear GM-Mustard seeds.

“This is being done to facilitate corporate profiteering through seed monopoly, without adequate scientific research on the impact on environment, nature and on the life of humans and livestock,” Hannan Mollah said.

The SKM also expressed disappointment at the Union government and accused the Centre of completely reneging on the written promises made to the farmers when the protest was lifted on December 9.

The farmers’ body claimed that neither the committee on MSP had been formed nor the “false” cases registered against farmers during the agitation were withdrawn.

It also accused the government of not being ready to consider the biggest demand of the farmers — a legal guarantee on MSP.

Farmer unions’ body SKM has rejected the government’s committee on MSP, saying “so-called farmer leaders” who supported the now-repealed farm laws are its members and do not talk about ensuring the legal rights of farmers.

The Union minister’s son, Ashish Mishra, is an accused in the violence that left four farmers dead here last year.  “The next meeting of the SKM is scheduled on 8 December 2022 at Karnal in which the next phase of the movement will be decided,” Yudhvir Singh said.

 

 

Previous Post

Kathua rape & murder case: SC chastises Kathua CJM, HC over gang-rape, orders trial of key accused as adult

Next Post

Operations in some public sector banks likely to be hit on Saturday as union members to go on strike

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

India approves just 1 Chinese FDI proposal worth Rs 1 cr, 13 Hong Kong proposals worth Rs 610.42 cr

India top recipient of Commonwealth FDI: Report
August 2, 2026

  New Delhi:  India approved just one Chinese FDI proposal worth Rs 1 crore, while clearing 13 applications from Hong Kong...

Read moreDetails

Petrol, diesel sales soar on weak monsoon rains, LPG demand shifts to piped gas

Petrol price hit highest level under BJP govt, diesel at record high
August 2, 2026

New Delhi: Petrol and diesel sales by India's three state-run fuel retailers rose sharply in July as below-normal monsoon rainfall...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi inaugurates Bhogapuram Airport, says Andhra poised to become manufacturing hub

Nation responds to PM’s call for fuel conservation
August 1, 2026

Visakhapatnam: Highlighting the development potential of Andhra Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said global companies are exploring opportunities...

Read moreDetails

Commercial LPG prices cut by Rs 192, ATF rates up Rs 5/litre

Niti Aayog working on proposal ‘to replace LPG subsidy with cooking subsidy’
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The prices of commercial LPG -- used in establishments such as hotels and restaurants -- were on Saturday...

Read moreDetails

Gross GST mop-up grows 15.4% to over Rs 2.11 lakh cr in July on higher imports, sales

August 1, 2026

New Delhi: Gross GST collections grew 15.4 per cent to over Rs 2.11 lakh crore in July on higher mop-up...

Read moreDetails

Cabinet approves extension of PM-KISAN scheme till FY’31 with outlay of Rs 3.15 lakh crore

Cabinet nod to expand infra, academic capacity of five IITs
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The government on Friday extended the PM-KISAN scheme for the next five years till 2030-31 with a total...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Operations in some public sector banks likely to be hit on Saturday as union members to go on strike

Operations in some public sector banks likely to be hit on Saturday as union members to go on strike

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.