• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Get registered with edu dept within one month or face closure: U’khand govt’s ultimatum to madrassas

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
October 12, 2022
in NATION
A A
0
Saloora, Wani join PDP along with hundreds of supporters
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Dehradun: Madrassas in Uttarakhand have been ordered to get themselves registered with the state education department within a month or face closure.

There are around 400 unregistered madrassas in the state, according to the government.

More News

Slipper hurled at Pappu Yadav at presser as he defends skit on Ram temple donation theft

PM speaks of ‘forgiving’ students; govt owes them justice, apology: Rahul

Raut backs Raj Thackeray’s Siddhivinayak Temple donation theft claim; points fingers at Shinde, BJP

Load More

“Madrassas have been served an ultimatum to register with the state education department within a month. If they fail to meet the deadline, steps will be taken to shut them,”  Uttarakhand Social Welfare and Minority Welfare Minister Chandan Ram Dass said.

Currently, 419 madrassas are registered with the Uttarakhand Madrassa Board. Of these, 192 receive grants from the Centre and the state government.

The state government estimates that there around 400 more madrassas and they remain unregistered.

“Not registering with the state education department is harming the future of the students who study there as they face problems in getting admissions after Class V,” Dass said.

The direction to get registered is aimed at the welfare of the students because only then can they avail of benefits of the central and state government schemes, he added.

As there were allegations that the grants given to the madrassas were not being appropriately utilised, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami had recently underlined the need to have them surveyed.

State Waqf board chairman Shadab Shams said he had a word with the chief minister regarding the issue and a committee will soon be set up to survey the madrassas.

Soon after taking over as the state Waqf board chairman last month, Shams had made a strong pitch for providing modern education in madrassas.

He said the board plans to introduce the state education board syllabus in madrassas and provide similar education to its students as children in private and government schools.

CCTV cameras will also be installed in madrassas to ensure transparency in their activities, he added.

Uttarakhand Waqf Board runs 103 madrassas.

Previous Post

Biden vows ”consequences” for Saudis after OPEC+ cuts output

Next Post

Mig 29K crashes off Goa coast; pilot ejects safely

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Slipper hurled at Pappu Yadav at presser as he defends skit on Ram temple donation theft

Slipper hurled at Pappu Yadav at presser as he defends skit on Ram temple donation theft
August 2, 2026

New Delhi: A man threw a slipper at Independent MP Pappu Yadav during a press conference at his house on...

Read moreDetails

PM speaks of ‘forgiving’ students; govt owes them justice, apology: Rahul

NDA govt at Centre ‘crippled’; opposition dealt fatal blow to BJP: Rahul Gandhi
August 2, 2026

New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Sunday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi speaks of "forgiving" students, but it is...

Read moreDetails

Raut backs Raj Thackeray’s Siddhivinayak Temple donation theft claim; points fingers at Shinde, BJP

BJP rule in Maharashtra worse than Aurangzeb’s time: Raut
August 2, 2026

Mumbai: Shiv Sena (UBT) leader Sanjay Raut on Sunday backed Maharashtra Navnirman Sena president Raj Thackeray's claim of donation theft...

Read moreDetails

Fourth edition of tri-service future warfare course to begin from Monday

August 2, 2026

New Delhi: The fourth edition of the tri-service future warfare course, which covers a wide range of subjects, including geopolitical...

Read moreDetails

BJP leaders file police complaint against Rahul, Pappu Yadav over skit; FIR in Varanasi

Transport facilities arranged to ensure seamless participation in PM’s rally: BJP
August 2, 2026

New Delhi/Varanasi, Aug 1 (PTI) BJP leaders, including MP Bansuri Swaraj, filed a police complaint in Delhi on Saturday, demanding...

Read moreDetails

Amit Shah presents Lokmanya Tilak National Award to NSA Ajit Doval

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
August 1, 2026

Pune: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Saturday presented the Lokmanya Tilak National Award to National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Mig 29K crashes off Goa coast; pilot ejects safely

Mig 29K crashes off Goa coast; pilot ejects safely

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.