Non-local labourer dies of suspected alcohol overdose in Chadoora: Officials
Srinagar: A 28-year-old non-local labourer died apparently due to alcohol overdose at a brick kiln in Chadoora area of central Kashmir’s Budgam district, officials said on Monday.
A police officer told GNS at around 1300 hours, body of the labourer Ajay Kevat son of Sat Narain Kevat of Kurba Chattisgarh, working at Brick Kiln–A-16 Kathergund, was brought to Sub District Hospital Chadoora.
“The inquest proceedings have been started into the matter and the prima facie cause of death seems to be overdose of locally prepared alcoholic drink at the kiln,” the officer added.
Kashmir Images is an English language daily newspaper published from Srinagar (J&K), India. The newspaper is one of the largest circulated English dailies of Kashmir and its hard copies reach every nook and corner of Kashmir Valley besides Jammu and Ladakh region.