• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, February 20, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

HC asks former minister Rather to approach Estates deptt for retaining his govt accommodation

Images News Netwok by Images News Netwok
August 18, 2022
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
HC seeks J&K govt’s response on home quarantine of asymptomatic COVID-19 patients
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: Former minister and National Conference senior leader Abdul Rahim Rather, facing risk of losing his government accommodation, was on Monday directed by the J&K High Court to immediately make a representation before the government to plead his case.

The court also quashed a 2016 government notice whereof he along with other occupants had been asked to vacate the government accommodation or face action according to the law.

More News

PM Modi pitches for democratisation of AI, presents MANAV vision at Impact Summit

PM Modi committed to return of Kashmir Pandits with dignity: LG Sinha

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate

Load More

The government lawyer, however, argued against Rather saying his eviction is covered by a 2020 Judgment of the J&K High Court. The court in its order had directed the governmental authorities to ensure eviction of unauthorized and illegal occupants from government accommodation. It had directed recovery of rent from former ministers, legislators, retired officers, politicians and political persons occupying these accommodations.

The petitioner Rather claimed through his lawyer that his ancestral house at village Badipora of Budgam district was inhospitable and that he was enjoying Z-category security because of the threat to his life by militants.

He further said that the possession of his government accommodation was extended from time to time. In terms of a government order of 2018, he also used to deposit its rent with the government, he said.

Losing the accommodation will expose him to the attack by the subversive elements, his lawyer told the court.

He also questioned the validity of the vacation notice on the ground of being discriminatory in nature.  He said the respondent Estates Department has allowed the former legislators with less security threats to retain government accommodations.

He informed the court that “former legislators Zaffar Iqbal Manhas, Girdhari Lal Raina, Ghulam Ahmad Mir, Mohammad Rafi Mir, Nazir Ahmad Laway, Fayaz Ahmad Mir, Mohammad Yousuf Tarigami, Abdul Majeed Padder, Sajad Gani Lone, Basharat Bukhari, Javid Ahmad, Sofi Yousuf, Nizamuddin Bhat, Dr. Mehboob Beg, Abdul Razak Zaoora, and Mohammad Shafi Bhat are still enjoying the government accommodation despite court orders.”

Justices Ali Mohammad Magrey and Mohammad Akram Chowdhary, after hearing the arguments said “this court is not equipped with necessary mechanism to assess ‘threat perception’ of petitioners or to conclude whether petitioners or anyone of them deserves to be allowed to retain present accommodation or provide alternate government/hired accommodation”.

It directed “the state government shall constitute a committee headed by Additional Director General of Police, Security, and comprising of District Magistrate, Srinagar/Jammu; Director Estates; Superintendent of Police, Security, Srinagar/Jammu; and any other member co-opted by Additional Director General of Police, Security, to make an objective assessment of threat perception of petitioners.”

It said the government should assess as to allow the petitioners to retain present government accommodation in their use or to provide them alternate government, or hired accommodation.

The committee shall allow petitioners to put forth their stand either in person or through their representative including written representations, it directed.

Disposing the Rather’s and other petitions by the mainstream politicians the bench declared “the notice impugned dated 06.04.2016 as quashed”.

The petitioner (Rather) shall make a detailed representation along with supported documents before the Director Estates within one week from today, it directed.

Previous Post

Have identified killers of Kashmiri Pandit in Shopian: DGP

Next Post

Politicians react sharply to reports that ordinary residents can vote in J&K elections

Images News Netwok

Images News Netwok

Related Posts

PM Modi pitches for democratisation of AI, presents MANAV vision at Impact Summit

PM Modi pitches for democratisation of AI, presents MANAV vision at Impact Summit
February 20, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday strongly pitched for democratising artificial intelligence, and said some countries believe that...

Read moreDetails

PM Modi committed to return of Kashmir Pandits with dignity: LG Sinha

PM Modi committed to return of Kashmir Pandits with dignity: LG Sinha
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Thursday said that the return of the Kashmiri Pandit community to the valley, with...

Read moreDetails

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate

J&K Assembly passes grants for departments under CM after a two-day debate
February 20, 2026

JAMMU: The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly today passed grants amounting to ₹61,575.88 lakh for the General Administration Department (GAD),...

Read moreDetails

CM pledges regularisation of daily-wagers in 2026

Omar calls for minority status to Mata Vaishno Devi medical college to resume its operation
February 20, 2026

Jammu, Feb 19: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday said the government will initiate the process of regularising daily-rated, ad-hoc...

Read moreDetails

Action against big sharks first, others later: CM Abdullah on land encroachment

Omar Abdullah presents Rs 1.27 lakh cr budget, announces welfare/development measures to boost economy
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Taking a firm stand against encroachment on government land, Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday assured action in the...

Read moreDetails

CM pitches for separate department to study climate change

31 Jammu colonies regularised, further process stayed by HC: CM
February 20, 2026

Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday called for the formation of a specific department which will study climate change...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Omar, Mehbooba, Sajad condemn civilian killings

Politicians react sharply to reports that ordinary residents can vote in J&K elections

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.