• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 3, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Litany of falsehood unleashed on me: Ansari on charge of inviting Pak journalist

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
July 13, 2022
in NATION
A A
0
Hamid Ansari questions administration failure during 2002 Gujarat riots
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi, Jul 13 (PTI) Former Vice President Hamid Ansari on Wednesday refuted the allegation that he had invited to India a Pakistani journalist who has claimed to have spied for ISI, and said a “litany of falsehood” has been unleashed against him in sections of media and by a BJP spokesperson.

In a statement, he also rejected the allegation, made by the BJP citing comments of a former RAW functionary, that he had compromised national interest as India’s ambassador to Iran.

More News

Slipper hurled at Pappu Yadav at presser as he defends skit on Ram temple donation theft

PM speaks of ‘forgiving’ students; govt owes them justice, apology: Rahul

Raut backs Raj Thackeray’s Siddhivinayak Temple donation theft claim; points fingers at Shinde, BJP

Load More

BJP spokesperson Gaurav Bhatia had at a press conference earlier in the day asked Ansari and the Congress to come clean on the claims of Pakistani journalist Nusrat Mirza that he had visited India five times during the UPA rule and passed on sensitive information collected here to his Pakistan’s spy agency ISI.

Bhatia cited Mirza’s purported comments that he had visited India on Ansari’s invitations and also met him, but the former vice president rejected the claims.

In his rebuttal, Ansari said, “It is a known fact that invitations to foreign dignitaries by the Vice-President of India are on the advice of the government generally through the Ministry of External Affairs.

“I had inaugurated the Conference on Terrorism, on December 11, 2010, the ‘International Conference of Jurists on International Terrorism and Human Rights’. As is the normal practice, the list of invitees would have been drawn by the organisers. I never invited him or met him,” added Ansari, who was India’s vice president between 2007-17.

The former vice president said his work as ambassador to Iran was at all times within the knowledge of the government of the day.

He said he is bound by the commitment to national security in such matters and will refrain from commenting on them.

“The Government of India has all the information and is the only authority to tell the truth. It is a matter of record that after my stint in Tehran, I was appointed India’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations in New York. My work there has been acknowledged at home and abroad,” Ansari said.

Previous Post

Cong condemns BJP’s ‘insinuations and innuendos’ against Ansari, Sonia

Next Post

BJP cites Pak journalist’s claims to attack ex-VP Ansari, Congress

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Slipper hurled at Pappu Yadav at presser as he defends skit on Ram temple donation theft

Slipper hurled at Pappu Yadav at presser as he defends skit on Ram temple donation theft
August 2, 2026

New Delhi: A man threw a slipper at Independent MP Pappu Yadav during a press conference at his house on...

Read moreDetails

PM speaks of ‘forgiving’ students; govt owes them justice, apology: Rahul

NDA govt at Centre ‘crippled’; opposition dealt fatal blow to BJP: Rahul Gandhi
August 2, 2026

New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Sunday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi speaks of "forgiving" students, but it is...

Read moreDetails

Raut backs Raj Thackeray’s Siddhivinayak Temple donation theft claim; points fingers at Shinde, BJP

BJP rule in Maharashtra worse than Aurangzeb’s time: Raut
August 2, 2026

Mumbai: Shiv Sena (UBT) leader Sanjay Raut on Sunday backed Maharashtra Navnirman Sena president Raj Thackeray's claim of donation theft...

Read moreDetails

Fourth edition of tri-service future warfare course to begin from Monday

August 2, 2026

New Delhi: The fourth edition of the tri-service future warfare course, which covers a wide range of subjects, including geopolitical...

Read moreDetails

BJP leaders file police complaint against Rahul, Pappu Yadav over skit; FIR in Varanasi

Transport facilities arranged to ensure seamless participation in PM’s rally: BJP
August 2, 2026

New Delhi/Varanasi, Aug 1 (PTI) BJP leaders, including MP Bansuri Swaraj, filed a police complaint in Delhi on Saturday, demanding...

Read moreDetails

Amit Shah presents Lokmanya Tilak National Award to NSA Ajit Doval

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
August 1, 2026

Pune: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Saturday presented the Lokmanya Tilak National Award to National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
BJP Kashmir unit protest post-poll violence in WB

BJP cites Pak journalist's claims to attack ex-VP Ansari, Congress

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.