Images News Netwok

District Admin Sgr provides relief to fire victims of Aabi Karpora 

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

DC sanctions ex-gratia relief of Rs 4.0 lac in favour of NoK of 8- year-old deceased fire victim

Srinagar: On the directions of the Deputy Commissioner (DC) Srinagar, Mohammad Aijaz Asad, the Additional Deputy Commissioner (ADC) Srinagar, Dr Syed Hanief Balkhi along with Vice Chairman LCMA, Dr Bashir Ahmad Friday visited Aabi Karpora, Dalgate to take first-hand appraisal about the incident in which an 8-year-old girl Nahida Bashir was charred to death in an overnight fire at a houseboat in Dal lake.

The Officers also took on the spot assessment of the damages caused due to the devastating fire incident.

The officers met the fire victims who were living in a houseboat that got completely damaged in a massive fire incident on Friday morning and an 8-year-old girl lost her life in the unfortunate incident.

Interacting with the fire sufferers, the ADC expressed sympathies with the affected families on behalf of the District Administration Srinagar. He also expressed condolence to the bereaved family who lost their family member in the unfortunate fire incident. He also assured that every kind of possible support shall be provided from the District Administration for their immediate rehabilitation.

Following the incident, the DC directed for taking immediate rehabilitation measures with regard to the incident.

The DC immediately sanctioned ex-gratia relief of ₹ 4 lakh to the next of kins of the deceased 8-year-old girl under SDRF. While essential assistance in the form of 15 blankets, 15 mattresses, 15-bed sheets and 3 kitchen sets and 3 tents, besides Rs 30,000 to all 3 affected families was also provided out of Red Cross as interim relief.

Further, the DC also sanctioned structure-wise financial assistance of Rs 30,000 under SDRF in favour of the affected families separately under the District Red Cross fund.

Meanwhile, the District Administration has appealed to the general public to follow all precautionary measures while handling electric/electronic gadgets, LPG cylinders and other appliances being used for heating and cooking purposes to avoid such incidents.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *