• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, August 7, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

‘Launch pads active across LoC; Pak army uses ceasefire to strengthen its defence’

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
April 20, 2022
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Indo-Pak armies exchange fire along LoC in Poonch
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Srinagar: “About 60-80 terrorists, believed to be Afghan returned mercenaries, are getting trained at reactivated launch pads across the Line of Control (LoC) and are expected to push into Kashmir during the summer,” officials here said.

The officials, however, feel that Pakistan will have to think several times before pushing them into the Indian side as Islamabad continues to be in the “grey list” of the Financial Action Task Force, and its sincerity could be gauged if it dismantles the terror infrastructure.

More News

CM seeks special central package for the flood-hit Rajouri-Poonch

FIR filed against Mehbooba Mufti, daughter for ‘assault’ on cop during Article 370 protest

Fight for J&K’s statehood to continue until it is restored: Omar Abdullah

Load More

The officials said that after the 2019 pounding by the Indian army, the Pakistani side steered clear of the launch pads till early months of last year when they briefly emerged for some weeks and later disappeared again.

“However, from August last year around 60-80 terrorists are present at these re-activated launch pads across the LoC and according to intelligence inputs and monitoring by the field units, the terrorists seem to be Afghan war returnees who are mostly Pakistani mercenaries,” officials said.

The LoC has been witnessing ceasefire since last February and officials said that the Pakistani army, “after facing severe reverses in 2019, has used this time for fortification of its positions along the border with around 8,000 tonnes of defence material.”

The Pakistani army has also moved in around 60 heavy caliber guns besides strengthening its air defence system, artillery and mortars while taking advantage of the ceasefire which has been holding good since last year, the officials said.

They said that “while the Indian Army maintains strategic advantage along the LoC, the time has also been used for further strengthening its position to ensure that designs of Pakistani army to push in terrorists during approaching summer is foiled.”

The officials said that the anti-infiltration grid and surveillance along the LoC has been further beefed up to meet all kinds of challenges.

Following talks between the Directors General of Military Operations of India and Pakistan over hotline, a joint statement was issued on February 25, 2021 in which the two countries agreed to the strict observance of all agreements, understandings and ceasefire along the LoC and all other sectors with effect from the February 24-25 midnight 2021.

Previous Post

Govt designates Sajjad Gul as ‘terrorist’

Next Post

Stopped operating Srinagar-Sharjah flight from Mar 27 due to lack of bilateral rights: Go First

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

CM seeks special central package for the flood-hit Rajouri-Poonch

CM seeks special central package for the flood-hit Rajouri-Poonch
August 7, 2026

Rajouri/Jammu: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday said he will personally approach Prime Minister Narendra Modi with a proposal seeking...

Read moreDetails

FIR filed against Mehbooba Mufti, daughter for ‘assault’ on cop during Article 370 protest

FIR filed against Mehbooba Mufti, daughter for ‘assault’ on cop during Article 370 protest
August 7, 2026

Srinagar: Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Mehbooba Mufti and her daughter Iltija Mufti have been booked for allegedly assaulting...

Read moreDetails

Fight for J&K’s statehood to continue until it is restored: Omar Abdullah

Farooq Abdullah questions Centre’s silence on situation in PoJK
August 7, 2026

Srinagar/Jammu:  Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Thursday asserted that his government and the National Conference (NC) would continue their efforts...

Read moreDetails

IFS induction in J&K revived after 13-year freeze

IFS induction in J&K revived after 13-year freeze
August 7, 2026

Srinagar: In a significant development paving the way for Jammu & Kashmir’s officers to enter the prestigious Indian Forest Service...

Read moreDetails

‘J&K power demand surges 24% in 12 years’

‘J&K leading the charge in electricity sector reforms’
August 7, 2026

Srinagar: In the past 12 years, Jammu and Kashmir has witnessed a surge in power demand by more than 24...

Read moreDetails

CS calls for stronger women-led institutions to boost rural livelihoods in J&K

CS calls for stronger women-led institutions to boost rural livelihoods in J&K
August 7, 2026

SRINAGAR: Chief Secretary Atal Dulloo on Thursday directed the Jammu and Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission (JKRLM) to strengthen women-led community...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Stopped operating Srinagar-Sharjah flight from Mar 27 due to lack of bilateral rights: Go First

Stopped operating Srinagar-Sharjah flight from Mar 27 due to lack of bilateral rights: Go First

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.