• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 2, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Chinese foreign minister may visit India this month

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 16, 2022
in NATION
A A
0
India, Pakistan should turn the page, convert crisis into opportunity: China
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi:   A visit to India by Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi later this month could be on the cards but there is no finality on it yet, people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.

There is no official word by the Ministry of External Affairs or the Chinese government on the possible visit.

More News

BJP leaders file police complaint against Rahul, Pappu Yadav over skit; FIR in Varanasi

Amit Shah presents Lokmanya Tilak National Award to NSA Ajit Doval

PM playing victim card instead of apologising for brutality on protesting students: Congress

Load More

If the visit takes place, it will be the first trip by a senior Chinese leader to India after the eastern Ladakh standoff between the two countries began in May 2020.

It is learnt that the proposal for the visit came from the Chinese side and Wang also intends to travel to Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh as part of a four-nation tour.

Nepal’s Kathmandu Post reported on Tuesday that Wang is scheduled to arrive in the Nepalese capital on March 26 on a two-day official visit.

It is not clear whether Wang’s possible visit to New Delhi will take place after his trip to Kathmandu or before it.

In the last one-and-a-half years, Jaishankar and Wang held several rounds of talks in Moscow and Dushanbe to defuse tensions in eastern Ladakh.

In September 2020, Jaishankar and Wang held extensive talks in Moscow on the sidelines of a conclave of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) during which they reached a five-point agreement to resolve the eastern Ladakh border row.

The pact included measures like quick disengagement of troops, avoiding action that could escalate tensions, adherence to all agreements and protocols on border management and steps to restore peace along the LAC.

The two foreign ministers also held a bilateral meeting on the sidelines of another SCO meeting in Tajik capital city Dushanbe in July last year with a focus on the border row. They again met in Dushanbe in September.

India has been consistently maintaining that peace and tranquillity along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) was key for the overall development of the bilateral ties.

This position was again emphasised by Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla last week.

“We have made it clear to China that peace and tranquillity in the border areas are essential for the development of our relationship. Development of India-China relationship has to be based on ‘three mutuals’ — mutual respect, mutual sensitivity and mutual interest,” Shringla said.

Earlier this month, Wang said some forces have always sought to stoke tensions between China and India, in an apparent reference to the US.

Wang’s proposed visit, if it takes place, is expected to provide an opportunity for the two sides to exchange views on the crisis in Ukraine.

On March 11, India and China held the 15th round of high-level military dialogue to resolve the pending issues in the eastern Ladakh region.

The eastern Ladakh border standoff between the Indian and Chinese militaries erupted on May 5, 2020, following a violent clash in the Pangong lake areas.

Both sides gradually enhanced their deployment by rushing in tens of thousands of soldiers as well as heavy weaponry.

As a result of a series of military and diplomatic talks, the two sides completed the disengagement process last year in the north and south banks of the Pangong lake and in the Gogra area.

Each side currently has around 50,000 to 60,000 troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the sensitive sector.

Previous Post

Hijab verdict: Udupi student-petitioners, Muslim girls in Shivamogga skip classes,exams

Next Post

Govt restores valid e-visa to 156 countries; regular visas to all; 10 yrs visa to US, Japan nationals

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

BJP leaders file police complaint against Rahul, Pappu Yadav over skit; FIR in Varanasi

Transport facilities arranged to ensure seamless participation in PM’s rally: BJP
August 2, 2026

New Delhi/Varanasi, Aug 1 (PTI) BJP leaders, including MP Bansuri Swaraj, filed a police complaint in Delhi on Saturday, demanding...

Read moreDetails

Amit Shah presents Lokmanya Tilak National Award to NSA Ajit Doval

Amit Shah to chair high-level security review meeting on J&K today
August 1, 2026

Pune: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Saturday presented the Lokmanya Tilak National Award to National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit...

Read moreDetails

PM playing victim card instead of apologising for brutality on protesting students: Congress

8 oppn-ruled states demand mechanism to ensure GST rate cut benefits get passed on to consumers
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The Congress on Saturday said that Narendra Modi is playing the victim card by saying he has forgiven...

Read moreDetails

Births and Deaths (Amendment) Bill, 2026, passed in LS amid protests over police crackdown

Naga talks followed up with utmost sincerity: Rijiju
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The Lok Sabha on Friday passed the Registration of Births and Deaths (Amendment) Bill, 2026, amid Opposition protests...

Read moreDetails

Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day amid Opposition protests

Rajya Sabha chairman prods members in call for discussion on student suicides
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: The Rajya Sabha was adjourned for the day on Friday, shortly after meeting at 11 am, amid sloganeering...

Read moreDetails

IB officer murder case: Life imprisonment for ex-AAP councillor Tahir Hussain, 4 others

City court convicts 2 persons in acid attack case
August 1, 2026

New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday sentenced former AAP councillor Tahir Hussain and four others to life imprisonment for...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Temporary suspension of foreign work visas threatens scholarly engagement: Harvard

Govt restores valid e-visa to 156 countries; regular visas to all; 10 yrs visa to US, Japan nationals

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.