• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Wednesday, August 5, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

PM speaks to Putin, Zelenskyy; seeks safe evacuation of Indians from Sumy at the earliest

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
March 7, 2022
in NATION
A A
0
PM speaks to Putin, Zelenskyy; seeks safe evacuation of Indians from Sumy at the earliest
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi:  Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday spoke to Russian President Vladimir Putin during which he conveyed his “deep concern” over the safety and security of the Indian students stuck in Ukraine’s Sumy city and sought their evacuation at the earliest.

During the 50-minute telephonic conversation, Modi also suggested that a direct conversation between Putin and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy may greatly assist the ongoing peace efforts.

More News

Parliament passes Registration of Births and Deaths Bill amid Opposition protests

AAP’s march against E20 halted; Kejriwal stages sit-in on PM residence route

Opposition MPs protest in Parliament complex on Ram temple donation theft issue, police action against students

Load More

Official sources said Modi stressed the importance of safe evacuation of Indian citizens from Sumy at the earliest and that Putin assured him of all possible cooperation to safely get them out of the northeastern Ukrainian city.

Around 700 Indian students are stranded in Sumy amid intense fighting between Russian and Ukrainian troops.

“Prime Minister Modi conveyed his deep concern for the safety and security of the Indian students still remaining in Sumy,” the PMO said in a statement.

It said Putin briefed the Prime Minister about the ongoing measures related to “humanitarian corridors” for facilitating the evacuation of civilians including Indian students.

It was the third telephonic conversation between the two leaders after the military conflict began in Ukraine 11 days back.

Earlier, Russian authorities said it would start a ceasefire on Monday and open “humanitarian corridors” in key Ukrainian cities including Kyiv, Kharkiv and Sumy.

The statement said the two leaders discussed the evolving situation in Ukraine and Putin briefed Modi on the status of negotiations between the Ukrainian and Russian teams.

“Prime Minister Modi welcomed the ongoing negotiations between Russia and Ukraine and expressed hope that they would lead to cessation of the conflict. He suggested that a direct conversation between President Putin and President Zelenskyy may greatly assist the ongoing peace efforts,” it said.

The sources said Modi appreciated the announcement of the ceasefire and establishment of humanitarian corridors in parts of Ukraine, including in Sumy.

Earlier in the day, Modi spoke to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and sought his continued support in the evacuation of the Indians stuck in Sumy city.

During the conversation, Zelenskyy briefed the Prime Minister in detail about the “conflict situation” and the ongoing negotiations between Ukraine and Russia.

In the last few days, India has been focusing on the evacuation of its students from Sumy.

On Saturday morning, the Indian students posted a video saying they have decided to leave for the Russian border from Sumy and that the Indian government and the embassy in Ukraine will be responsible if anything happens to them.

Following the video, the Indian embassy in Ukraine requested them not to endanger their lives and conveyed that it will leave no stone unturned to safely evacuate them.

The students relented following the assurance.

The Indian embassy in Ukraine on Sunday said a team from the mission has been stationed in Poltava city to coordinate the safe passage of the Indian students in Sumy to Western borders via Poltava.

Previous Post

Indian students stranded in Ukraine’s Sumy see ‘no ray of hope’

Next Post

US assures nervous Baltics of NATO protection against Russia

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Parliament passes Registration of Births and Deaths Bill amid Opposition protests

Govt, Oppn break impasse in Parliament; Constitution debate to be held in LS, RS
August 4, 2026

New Delhi: Parliament on Tuesday passed a bill that seeks to tighten regulations for delayed registration of births and deaths...

Read moreDetails

AAP’s march against E20 halted; Kejriwal stages sit-in on PM residence route

PM ‘treating’ judiciary in same way as he treats AAP govt: Kejriwal
August 4, 2026

New Delhi: AAP national convener Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday marched towards the Prime Minister's residence with over 2.30 lakh petitions...

Read moreDetails

Opposition MPs protest in Parliament complex on Ram temple donation theft issue, police action against students

Opposition MPs protest in Parliament complex on Ram temple donation theft issue, police action against students
August 4, 2026

New Delhi: Opposition MPs, including Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, protested in Parliament House complex on Tuesday against the...

Read moreDetails

Bill to increase Supreme Court judges passed by Lok Sabha without debate; House adjourned for day

Lok Sabha proceedings begin in new Parliament building
August 3, 2026

New Delhi:  The Lok Sabha on Monday passed a bill to replace an ordinance that increased the number of Supreme...

Read moreDetails

SC says states can withdraw FIRs against students who participated in NEET protests

SC says will consider listing of pleas challenging abrogation of Article 370
August 3, 2026

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday clarified that the expression "criminal antecedents" in its order on releasing student protesters...

Read moreDetails

Brij Bhushan acquitted in wrestlers’ sexual harassment case, court cites lack of evidence

City court convicts 2 persons in acid attack case
August 3, 2026

New Delhi:  A Delhi court on Monday acquitted former Wrestling Federation of India chief Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh in a...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
US will speak out forcefully against China committing ‘genocide’ against Uyghur Muslims: Blinken

US assures nervous Baltics of NATO protection against Russia

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.