11 people injured in gas explosion at Anantnag hospital
DC orders probe
Srinagar: At least 11 people, mostly women besides two kids, were injured on Tuesday in a gas leak incident at a maternity hospital in Anantnag district of south Kashmir, officials said.
“A gas leak incident took place at the ticketing counter at MCCH Anantnag today. No loss of life was reported from the site, however 11 persons received minor injuries and all the injured were admitted at GMC Anantnag and were reported out of danger,” an official press release informed.
It said the Deputy Commissioner (DC) Anantnag, Dr Piyush Singla has ordered a probe into the incident by an ADC level officer and has also asked them to submit the report within seven days. He also said that the government will bear medical expenses of the injured.
Umar Gulzar, Tehsildar Anantnag said that the employees present at the ticket counter have received burn injuries. Further, patients waiting at the ticket booth have also received injuries.
He informed that the injured include two kids aged 4 years besides three employees and six attendants.