• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 9, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Karnataka HC concludes hearing in ‘hijab’ case, reserves order

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 25, 2022
in NATION
A A
0
Karnataka HC concludes hearing in ‘hijab’ case, reserves order
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Bengaluru: The Karnataka High Court concluded the hearing related to the ‘hijab’  (scarf) case on Friday, but reserved its order.

“Heard. Order reserved,” Chief Justice Ritu Raj Awasthi said.

More News

In rapidly changing world, those who learn win: PM Modi at IIT Delhi

Home Minister must speak on police excesses, PM on ‘chanda chori’ issue: Cong

Rijiju, Rahul spar on issue of implementation of women’s quota

Load More

The court asked the petitioners to file written submissions, if any, before the Bench.

The Bench, constituted on February 9 and comprising the Chief Justice, Justice Krishna S Dixit and Justice Jaibunnisa M Khazi, heard on a day-to-day basis over the last two weeks a batch of petitions filed by some girls seeking permission to wear the hijab in educational institutions where a uniform has been prescribed.

The girls were allegedly denied entry into a pre-university college for girls in Udupi in December last for violating the dress code.

On January 1, six girl students attended a press meet held by the Campus Front of India (CFI) protesting against denial of entry into classrooms as they were wearing the hijab. This prompted the boy-students to wear saffron shawls in protest.

As the issue of hijab versus saffron scarves spread to several educational institutions in many parts of Karnataka since then, the State government announced a holiday from February 9 to February 15 in all the pre-university colleges and from February 9 to February 16 in degree and diploma colleges.

In its interim order, the Bench asked the government to re-open the educational institutions, which were hit by the agitation, and restrained students from wearing religious attire till the court issues the final order.

“The institution did not have any rule on hijab-wearing since no one used to wear it to the classroom in the last 35 years. The students who came with the demand had the backing of outside forces,” the principal of a college said.

Previous Post

AI planning to operate two flights to Bucharest to evacuate Indians stranded in Ukraine

Next Post

Biden and Europe waiting on one key sanction against Russia

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

In rapidly changing world, those who learn win: PM Modi at IIT Delhi

Nation responds to PM’s call for fuel conservation
August 8, 2026

New Delhi:  Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday said the world and technology are changing rapidly and whoever learns will...

Read moreDetails

Home Minister must speak on police excesses, PM on ‘chanda chori’ issue: Cong

8 oppn-ruled states demand mechanism to ensure GST rate cut benefits get passed on to consumers
August 8, 2026

New Delhi:  The Congress on Saturday said Parliament has not functioned for 15 consecutive days because Home Minister Amit Shah...

Read moreDetails

Rijiju, Rahul spar on issue of implementation of women’s quota

Rijiju, Rahul spar on issue of implementation of women’s quota
August 8, 2026

New Delhi:  The Congress and BJP sparred on Saturday over the women's quota and delimitation bills after Rahul Gandhi said...

Read moreDetails

PM expresses concern over Parliament disruptions

Opposition will remain in opposition with reduced strength in 2024 LS polls: PM Modi
August 8, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday expressed concern over the repeated disruptions of parliamentary proceedings, stating that due...

Read moreDetails

Oppn cannot dictate which minister will come to House and respond: Rijiju

330 Pak, 1,770 B’deshi nationals deported in 3 yrs: govt
August 8, 2026

New Delhi: Amid a demand from the Congress and other parties that Home Minister Amit Shah should answer questions on...

Read moreDetails

BJP should heed ‘godfather’ Bhagwat’s advice on Gen Z: Dipke

‘Crackdown’ on CJP, access to all accounts lost, says founder Abhijeet Dipke
August 8, 2026

Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar:  Cockroach Janta Party (CJP) convener Abhijeet Dipke on Friday urged the BJP to heed its "godfather" RSS chief...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Biden ropes in 20 Indian-Americans in his administration, 17 at key WH positions

Biden and Europe waiting on one key sanction against Russia

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.