• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, May 18, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

Over 50 unemployed youths detained during protest in Jammu

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
February 9, 2022
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Israel minister denies police used NSO spyware on protesters
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Jammu: Over 50 youths were detained Tuesday after they blocked the vital Tawi bridge in the heart of the city, demanding the early conduct of written examination for the posts of Jammu and Kashmir Police Border Battalion advertised in 2019, officials said.

The protesters were also angry over the recent re-advertisement of the posts by the Police Recruitment Board and demanded its withdrawal, they said.

More News

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Load More

Hundreds of aspirants including women seeking recruitment in police border battalion appeared at Dogra chowk and later blocked the Tawi bridge on Jammu-Airport road for nearly two hours, causing massive traffic jam in the city, the officials said, adding police rushed to the scene and used mild baton charge before detaining over 50 protesters.

Earlier on January 27, the border battalion aspirants submitted a memorandum to the Divisional Commissioner, Jammu, Raghav Langer and apprised him that they had applied for the post of head constable advertised by J&K Police Recruitment Board in 2019 and appeared in physical and medical tests.

They expressed concern over the re-advertisement notice issued by the board for recruitment of head constables in the border battalion and demanded withdrawal of the same, besides seeking early conduct of the written examination of already qualified candidates as per 2019 advertisement notice.

The protesting unemployed youth said they have been waiting for the last three years for the conduct of written tests but were surprised by the fresh advertisement notice.

“It is grave injustice…we have been waiting for the written examination and some of us have already crossed the age-limit now,” one of the protesters said, as he was being whisked away by police.

The protesters said they would continue their protest for justice, requesting Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha’s intervention in saving their future.

Previous Post

Facebook, Instagram block handles of Chinar Corps

Next Post

Hatred for Muslims normalised in India: Omar Abdullah over ‘hijab’ row

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details

LG urges citizens to self-enumerate their household details
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha completed his self-enumeration today, marking the beginning of the House listing and Housing Census...

Read moreDetails

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K

Lashkar terrorist goes for hair transplant after infiltrating J&K
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Infiltrating Jammu and Kashmir to execute terror attacks for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Pakistani terrorist paused his operations...

Read moreDetails

Eid-ul-Adha on May 27

Ramzan to begin on March 2 across J&K: Mufti Nasir-ul-Islam
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Nasir-ul-Islam Farooq on Sunday announced that Eid-ul-Adha will be celebrated across Jammu and...

Read moreDetails

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh

Mainstreaming of J&K under Modi govt led to aspirational surge among women: Jitendra Singh
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Sunday said the mainstreaming of Jammu and Kashmir under the leadership of Prime Minister...

Read moreDetails

DFCO issues advisory ahead of nationwide chemists’ bandh on May 20

Tral shuts for second day against militant killings
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: Drugs and Food Control Organization on Sunday issued a public advisory ahead of the nationwide bandh call given by...

Read moreDetails

Govt withholds salaries of four ACDs over poor MGNREGA performance

AC extends Amnesty Scheme-2022 for domestic consumers of electricity till March 2025
May 18, 2026

Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has withheld the salaries of four Additional District Programme Coordinators (ADPCs)/Assistant Commissioners Development (ACDs)...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Govt needs to give sense of security to people cutting across religions in J&K: Omar

Hatred for Muslims normalised in India: Omar Abdullah over 'hijab' row

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.