• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 17, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Ranji Trophy to be held in two phases: BCCI

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
January 28, 2022
in SPORTS
A A
0
Ranji Trophy to be held in two phases: BCCI
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi:  BCCI Secretary Jay Shah on Friday said that the postponed Ranji Trophy will be held in two phases starting next month, clearing the decks for India’s premier domestic competition to resume after being cancelled last season.

It is expected that the 38-team tournament will begin in the second week of February and the first phase will continue for about a month.

More News

Dhobiwan clinch Goodluck Champions Trophy title at Kunzer

Thousands take part in ‘Jammu Runs for Unity’ marathon

1st Test: India, Gambhir eye red-ball reset against spin-heavy Sri Lanka

Load More

The tournament, which was not held last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, was scheduled to begin on January 13 but was postponed owing to a third wave of infections across the country.

“The Board has decided to conduct the Ranji Trophy this season in two phases. In the first phase, we plan to complete all matches of the league stage while the knockouts will be held in June,” Shah said in a statement.

“My team is working closely to mitigate any kind of health risk caused by the pandemic, while at the same time ensuring a highly competitive red-ball cricket contest.”

Shah said that the BCCI understands the significance of Ranji Trophy.

“Ranji Trophy is our most prestigious domestic competition, which has been providing Indian Cricket with an enviable talent pool every year. It is absolutely important that we take all necessary steps to safeguard the interest of this premier event,” he said.

The BCCI announcement has come a day after its treasurer Arun Dhumal had said that the Board intends to host the event.

The two phases are required since the BCCI also plans to host the IPL from March 27 and hosting two big tournaments would not be possible practically as the players’ availability would also be an issue.

Previous Post

Brendan Taylor banned by ICC for 3 and half years for delay in reporting spot-fixing approach

Next Post

Under-19 World Cup: Asian rivals India and Bangladesh face off in all important quarterfinal

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Dhobiwan clinch Goodluck Champions Trophy title at Kunzer

Dhobiwan clinch Goodluck Champions Trophy title at Kunzer
August 16, 2026

KUNZER: Dhobiwan defeated Hardu-Bani in the final to win the Goodluck Champions Trophy cricket tournament at Kunzer Cricket Ground on...

Read moreDetails

Thousands take part in ‘Jammu Runs for Unity’ marathon

Thousands take part in ‘Jammu Runs for Unity’ marathon
August 16, 2026

JAMMU: Thousands of people participated in the “Jammu Runs for Unity” Marathon organised by the Jammu Municipal Corporation (JMC) at...

Read moreDetails

1st Test: India, Gambhir eye red-ball reset against spin-heavy Sri Lanka

1st Test: India, Gambhir eye red-ball reset against spin-heavy Sri Lanka
August 14, 2026

Galle: A gruelling trial by spin awaits Indian batters in the two-Test series against Sri Lanka beginning here on Saturday...

Read moreDetails

Hockey: India’s ‘Mission World Cup’ begins against Wales

India look for all-round show against China to seal final berth
August 14, 2026

Amstelveen (The Netherlands):  It's a wait that dates back to more than half a century and the Indian men's hockey...

Read moreDetails

CWG medallists from armed forces perfect blend of soldier, champion: Rajnath

August 14, 2026

New Delhi: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday lauded the athletes from the armed forces who won medals at the...

Read moreDetails

Hasan takes 6-55 as Australia dismissed for 198 by Bangladesh to start test series

Hasan takes 6-55 as Australia dismissed for 198 by Bangladesh to start test series
August 13, 2026

Darwin: The Bangladesh bowlers overshadowed Australia's Big Four getting back together on day one of the first test as the...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Under-19 World Cup: Asian rivals India and Bangladesh face off in all important quarterfinal

Under-19 World Cup: Asian rivals India and Bangladesh face off in all important quarterfinal

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.