• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Sunday, August 2, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home TOP NEWS

SC agrees to hear PIL on alleged hate speeches made at Haridwar

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
January 11, 2022
in TOP NEWS
A A
0
Plea in SC challenges provisions of law prohibiting raising of religious disputes
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday agreed to hear a PIL seeking action against those who made hate speeches during the recent Dharam Sansad’ held at Haridwar in Uttarakhand.

A bench headed by Chief Justice N V Ramana took note of the submissions of senior advocate Kapil Sibal that no action has been taken against those who made the hate speeches despite registration of FIR.

More News

  Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers

CM announces Rs 10 lakh each for kin of victims

3 special trains ferry 2,200 stranded passengers

Load More

I have moved this PIL in respect of what happened in Dharam Sansad in Haridwar on December 17, and 19th,” Sibal said.

Alright, we will take up the matter, the CJI told Sibal who mentioned the plea filed by Delhi resident Qurban Ali and Senior Advocate Anjana Prakash.

Appearing for the petitioners, Senior Advocate Kapil Sibal said, “We are living in different times where slogan has changed from satyameva jayathe to shashrameva jayathe”.

The CJI then queried if an inquiry wasn’t already going on in the matter.

“We will look into it. But hasn’t some action already been taken?” the CJI asked.

Sibal replied that though FIRs have been filed, no one had been arrested so far.

“We will take up the matter,” said the CJI.

The petitioners said in their plea that they were constrained to approach the top court seeking its urgent intervention “in respect of the hate speeches that have been delivered between the 17th and 19th of December, 2021 in two events organized in Haridwar (by one Yati Narsinghanand), and in Delhi (by an organization self-styled as ‘Hindu Yuva Vahini’) (hereinafter collectively referred to as “the events”) with the apparent objective of declaring war against a significant section of the Indian Citizenry.”

It said “the aforementioned hate speeches consisted of open calls for genocide of Muslims in order to achieve ethnic cleansing. It is pertinent to note that the said speeches are not mere hate speeches but amount to an open call for murder of an entire community. The said speeches thus, pose a grave threat not just to the unity and integrity of our country but also endanger the lives of millions of Muslim citizens.”

Previous Post

India looking forward to constructive dialogue: Sources on military talks with China

Next Post

To complete languishing projects, JKIDFC raising Rs 2000 crore loan

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

  Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers

   Kulgam: Second migrant worker succumbs; death toll 2; search on for attackers
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Security forces on Saturday intensified search operations to track down the assailants who killed two migrant labourers in Kulgam...

Read moreDetails

CM announces Rs 10 lakh each for kin of victims

CM calls for depiction of cultural identity in new infrastructure at JK House properties across India
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday announced an ex-gratia relief of Rs 10 lakh each for the kin of...

Read moreDetails

3 special trains ferry 2,200 stranded passengers

Locomotive of Jammu-bound train detaches from coaches in Punjab
August 2, 2026

Jammu: The Northern Railway operated three special trains in J&K on Saturday and successfully transported around 2,200 passengers stranded due...

Read moreDetails

Condemning Kulgam terror attack, Farooq Abdullah questions timing of attack; seeks probe

Farooq Abdullah questions Centre’s silence on situation in PoJK
August 2, 2026

Jammu/Srinagar: National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Saturday condemned the Kulgam terror attack that left two migrant workers dead but...

Read moreDetails

LG hands over job letters to kin of two slain policemen

LG hands over job letters to kin of two slain policemen
August 2, 2026

Srinagar: Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on Saturday handed over appointment letters on compassionate grounds to the son of a head...

Read moreDetails

No society prospers on govt jobs alone: CM

Following KI report on Srinagar Smart City fiasco, CM announces inquiry
August 2, 2026

Bengaluru:  Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Saturday said no society had ever become prosperous solely through government employment or public...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

To complete languishing projects, JKIDFC raising Rs 2000 crore loan

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.