Reyaz Rashid

Toddler dies of asphyxiation in Pattan village

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Pattan: A year-and-half old boy died and his mother fell unconscious because of possible asphyxiation at Andergam village of Pattan in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district on Sunday evening.

Locals said that mother and son were found in lying unconsciousness in the kitchen of their home. They had kept ‘Angithi’ (charcoal stove)” aflame there which might have led to their asphyxiation.

The toddler died while as his mother was shifted to SDH Pattan in critical condition, wherefrom doctors referred her to SKIMS Srinagar for advanced treatment.

The slain child was identified as Ayan Ahmad Ganai, son of Mohmmad Akram Ganaie of Andergam, while as his mother Amina Begum is undergoing treatment at SKIMS, reports from the area said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *