• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Monday, August 17, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

MCC hopes Boxing Day Test won’t be Superspreader event

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
December 23, 2021
in SPORTS
A A
0
MCC hopes Boxing Day Test won’t be Superspreader event
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

MELBOURNE: The Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC) is confident that the Boxing Day Test, starting Sunday, will not turn into a superspreader event as the fans have been told they will be ousted from the venue if they flout COVID-19 protocols.

There is no crowd cap for attendance at the MCG this year and according to local media about 55,000 tickets have already been sold. Only 30,000 fans were allowed per day last year when Australia hosted India amidst raging pandemic.

More News

Dhobiwan clinch Goodluck Champions Trophy title at Kunzer

Thousands take part in ‘Jammu Runs for Unity’ marathon

1st Test: India, Gambhir eye red-ball reset against spin-heavy Sri Lanka

Load More

Around 70,000 people are expected to watch the match from the venue on the first day.

The threat of new COVID-19 variant, Omicron is a cause of concern ahead of the Australia-England match.

“There’s always risk (of a superspreader event), but we’ve got a COVID-safe plan in place for a reason,” MCC chief executive Stuart Fox was quoted as saying by Sydney Morning Herlad.

“That’s served us relatively well. We had one reasonably significant issue this year in the football and we’ve managed that quite well.

“We had the data through to health for that particular event within two or three minutes. We’ve got a good handle on it.” Wearing masks is a must for the fans.

Acting Premier James Merlino announced on Thursday that masks must be worn indoors by people aged over eight, and people must wear them when moving around major events of more than 30,000 people, but not when they are seated outdoors.

Victoria Police said it would take action against anyone repeatedly ignoring protocols.

“If someone is quarrelsome it doesn’t really matter for me what they’re quarrelsome about or whether they’re being problematic or intoxicated, we’d evict that person if they weren’t going to behave and comply with whatever the conditions and regulations are,” Victoria Police Acting Superintendent Jamie Templeton said.

Previous Post

Suspended NDTL gets back WADA recognition: Thakur

Next Post

Indian batting line-up good enough to tackle Protea pacers: Pujara

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Dhobiwan clinch Goodluck Champions Trophy title at Kunzer

Dhobiwan clinch Goodluck Champions Trophy title at Kunzer
August 16, 2026

KUNZER: Dhobiwan defeated Hardu-Bani in the final to win the Goodluck Champions Trophy cricket tournament at Kunzer Cricket Ground on...

Read moreDetails

Thousands take part in ‘Jammu Runs for Unity’ marathon

Thousands take part in ‘Jammu Runs for Unity’ marathon
August 16, 2026

JAMMU: Thousands of people participated in the “Jammu Runs for Unity” Marathon organised by the Jammu Municipal Corporation (JMC) at...

Read moreDetails

1st Test: India, Gambhir eye red-ball reset against spin-heavy Sri Lanka

1st Test: India, Gambhir eye red-ball reset against spin-heavy Sri Lanka
August 14, 2026

Galle: A gruelling trial by spin awaits Indian batters in the two-Test series against Sri Lanka beginning here on Saturday...

Read moreDetails

Hockey: India’s ‘Mission World Cup’ begins against Wales

India look for all-round show against China to seal final berth
August 14, 2026

Amstelveen (The Netherlands):  It's a wait that dates back to more than half a century and the Indian men's hockey...

Read moreDetails

CWG medallists from armed forces perfect blend of soldier, champion: Rajnath

August 14, 2026

New Delhi: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Friday lauded the athletes from the armed forces who won medals at the...

Read moreDetails

Hasan takes 6-55 as Australia dismissed for 198 by Bangladesh to start test series

Hasan takes 6-55 as Australia dismissed for 198 by Bangladesh to start test series
August 13, 2026

Darwin: The Bangladesh bowlers overshadowed Australia's Big Four getting back together on day one of the first test as the...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Indian batting line-up good enough to tackle Protea pacers: Pujara

Indian batting line-up good enough to tackle Protea pacers: Pujara

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.