• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Saturday, August 30, 2025
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home SPORTS

Ganguly declines to comment on Kohli’s ‘bombshell’

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
December 16, 2021
in SPORTS
A A
0
Ganguly declines to comment on Kohli’s ‘bombshell’
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

KOLKATA: A day after India Test captain Virat Kohli triggered a storm by publicly contradicting him, BCCI president Sourav Ganguly refused to comment on the matter, saying the Board will deal with it.

Kohli, during his pre-departure press conference ahead of the tour of South Africa, said that he was never asked to stay on as T20 skipper when he made his intent clear on relinquishing the post.

Related posts

National Sports Day is a reminder of discipline, unity sports bring into our lives: Satish Sharma

National Sports Day is a reminder of discipline, unity sports bring into our lives: Satish Sharma

August 29, 2025
2nd Edition CRPF Football Cup 2025 kicks off with enthusiasm and sporting spirit

2nd Edition CRPF Football Cup 2025 kicks off with enthusiasm and sporting spirit

August 29, 2025

This was in complete contrast to Ganguly’s assertion a few days back that Kohli had been requested to not quit the position.

“No statements, no press conference. We will deal with it, leave it to (the) BCCI,” Ganguly told local mediapersons on Thursday.

There was talk of BCCI asking chairman of selectors Chetan Sharma to address the media after Kohli’s explosive press conference but the Board eventually refrained from making any counter statements.

Kohli’s comments on Wednesday brought to fore the underlying tension in his equation with the administrators.

“Whatever was said about the communication that happened about the decision that was made was inaccurate,” Kohli had said with obvious reference to Ganguly’s statement.

“When I left the T20 captaincy, I had first approached BCCI and intimated them of my decision and laid down my point of view in front of them (office bearers).

“I gave the reasons why I wanted to quit T20 captaincy and my view point was received very nicely. There was no offence, no hesitation and not for once was I told that ‘you should not leave T20 captaincy’,” he had asserted.

Earlier, Ganguly, in an interview to PTI, said that he had spoken to Kohli and told him that two captains in the white ball format was not something that the selectors wanted as there would be “too much of leadership.”

Rohit Sharma is now the sole white-ball captain and has also been made Kohli’s deputy in the Test format.

Previous Post

Warner, Labuschagne take Australia to 221-2 on Day 1 of second Test

Next Post

Govt committed to raise infra, promote sports: Pr Secy YSS

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Next Post
Govt committed to raise infra, promote sports: Pr Secy YSS

Govt committed to raise infra, promote sports: Pr Secy YSS

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

ePaper

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2024 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.