Images News Netwok

PDD employee suffers electric shock, hospitalized

Decrease Font Size Increase Font Size Text Size Print This Page

Srinagar: A Power Development Department employee was hospitalised after receiving an electric shock in Mawer Bala area of Handwara in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district on Wednesday afternoon, officials said.

Quoting the officials, news agency GNS reported that one Nazir Ahmad Bhat, a local resident, was repairing a power transformer and during the course of time received a high voltage electric shock and fell down.

The employee, as per an official, was rushed to District Hospital Handwara for immediate treatment.

When contacted, JEE PDD Mawer, Ghulam Mohuiddin confirming the incident said that the employee is under treatment at DH Handwara and is said to be stable.

“We have initiated an investigation into the incident as the time at which the employee received the shock is a scheduled break time,” the JEE said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *