• About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
Friday, August 7, 2026
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
Epaper
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER
No Result
View All Result
Kashmir Images - Latest News Update
No Result
View All Result
Home NATION

Singhu border lynching: 3 accused sent to police remand, 2 SITs conducting probe

Press Trust of india by Press Trust of india
October 17, 2021
in NATION
A A
0
Singhu border lynching: 3 accused sent to police remand, 2 SITs conducting probe
FacebookTwitterWhatsapp

Chandigarh: Three people allegedly involved in the lynching of a labourer at a farmers’ protest site near Singhu border were remanded to six days in police custody on Sunday as the Haryana Police set up two Special Investigation Teams to probe the incident.

So far, four people have been arrested in connection with the gruesome killing.

More News

Israel’s Netanyahu dials PM Modi, discusses developments in West Asia

Rijiju calls up Rahul second time in 3 days, seeks Cong’s support on delimitation bill

Shah didn’t come despite RS chairman saying he should speak in House: Kharge

Load More

Narain Singh, a member of the Sikhs’ Nihang order, was arrested on Saturday from near Amritsar. Two more Nihangs, Govindpreet Singh and Bhagwant Singh from Fatehgarh Sahib, “surrendered” on the same day before the Sonipat Police in connection with the lynching.

The three accused were produced before a court in Sonipat which remanded them to six days in police custody.

The police sought remand of the accused on the ground that they have to reconstruct the scene of the crime, recover weapons and clothes of the accused, besides interrogating them in detail about the entire incident.

One SIT headed by IPS officer Mayank Gupta, who is the Assistant Superintendent of Police, Kharkhoda, Sonipat, will investigate the videos of the incident which were circulating on social media.

The second SIT led by Deputy Superintendent of Police, Sonipat, Virender Singh will carry out the overall probe into the case.

The victim’s family had earlier questioned the attackers’ claim that he committed sacrilege and demanded a high-level probe into the case.

The mortal remains of the victim, Lakhbir Singh, were cremated at his native village in Punjab’s Tarn Taran district amid tight security in the presence of his family members on Saturday evening.

Sarabjit Singh was the first to be arrested on Friday for the brutal killing of Lakhbir Singh. He was produced before a Sonipat court on Saturday and remanded in police custody for seven days.

Hours later, Narain Singh was arrested by the Amritsar Rural police at Amarkot village in Amritsar district, police had said. He was brought to Sonipat by the Haryana Police early Sunday.

Narain Singh while talking to the media before his arrest in Amritsar, was unrepentant and said that Lakhbir Singh had been “punished for sacrilege”. According to the Sonipat police earlier, Sarabjit Singh claimed that a few more people were involved in the killing.

The case has sparked outrage and triggered calls for action to clear the protest sites on Delhi’s borders where farmers have been camping since last November to press for the scrapping of the Centre’s three agri laws.

The Samyukt Kisan Morcha had, however, issued a statement on Friday distancing itself from the incident and said that it wanted to make it clear that “both the parties to the incident”, the Nihang group and the victim, have no relation with the Morcha.

Farmer union leaders asserted on Saturday that the incident will have no impact on the agitation and said they will upgrade security by installing CCTV cameras and increasing the number of volunteers at the protest sites.

The body of Lakhbir Singh was found on Friday tied to a barricade at the Singhu border with a hand chopped off and multiple wounds caused by sharp-edged weapons.

Hours after the crime, Sarabjit Sigh, wearing the blue robes of the Nihang order, claimed that he had “punished” the victim for “desecrating” a Sikh holy book.

Previous Post

BJP national office-bearers to meet on Monday; Polls, farmers’ protests may be discussed

Next Post

Dr Samoon visits ITI Doda; inaugurates CBT lab

Press Trust of india

Press Trust of india

Related Posts

Israel’s Netanyahu dials PM Modi, discusses developments in West Asia

PM Modi stresses early restoration of peace and stability in call with Netanyahu
August 7, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday received a telephone call from his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu during which...

Read moreDetails

Rijiju calls up Rahul second time in 3 days, seeks Cong’s support on delimitation bill

Rijiju appeals to parties to work unitedly, says ‘Team India favours constructive debate in Parliament’
August 7, 2026

New Delhi: Union minister Kiren Rijiju on Thursday had a telephonic conversation with Congress leader Rahul Gandhi to seek support...

Read moreDetails

Shah didn’t come despite RS chairman saying he should speak in House: Kharge

Will ask PAC to call AG, CAG to know when was CAG report on Rafale tabled in Parl: Kharge
August 7, 2026

New Delhi: Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge on Thursday slammed Home Minister Amit Shah for not making a statement in Parliament...

Read moreDetails

India test-fires Agni-4 missile

August 7, 2026

New Delhi: India on Thursday successfully test-fired ballistic missile Agni-4 from the integrated test range in Odisha's Chandipur. The test-firing...

Read moreDetails

Parliament must function smoothly: PM to BJP MPs at breakfast meeting

No leader of any country asked India to stop Operation Sindoor: PM Modi in LS
August 6, 2026

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday hosted a breakfast meeting with 37 BJP MPs, including BJP president Nitin Nabin...

Read moreDetails

‘Don’t hide, answer in Parliament’: Opposition MPs slam Shah, take out protest march in Parliament complex

Will ask PAC to call AG, CAG to know when was CAG report on Rafale tabled in Parl: Kharge
August 6, 2026

New Delhi: Opposition MPs took out a protest march in Parliament House complex on Wednesday, demanding Home Minister Amit Shah's...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Dr Samoon visits ITI Doda; inaugurates CBT lab

Dr Samoon visits ITI Doda; inaugurates CBT lab

  • About us
  • Contact us
  • Our team
  • Terms of Service
E-Mailus: kashmirimages123@gmail.com

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.

No Result
View All Result
  • TOP NEWS
  • CITY & TOWNS
  • LOCAL
  • BUSINESS
  • NATION
  • WORLD
  • SPORTS
  • OPINION
    • EDITORIAL
    • ON HERITAGE
    • CREATIVE BEATS
    • INTERALIA
    • WIDE ANGLE
    • OTHER VIEW
    • ART SPACE
  • Photo Gallery
  • CARTOON
  • EPAPER

© 2025 Kashmir Images - Designed by GITS.